TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
12,434 Posts
Well, for heaven's sake, get it out in baked fashion on introduction (low resolution ads? glitchiness and blue spinning circles? is this really what TiVo wants Pres. Trump to be watching?), and actually inform the customers that this is happening and what it is, and its parameters. Don't simply have the tech. dribble out on unsuspecting customers without explanation and leave it hanging in that fashion, with customers to be guessing and information coming from 3rd-party websites and commentators.

If, in fact, the pre-rolls can be turned off through a switch or by calling TiVo, how great--think of how much angst and bad press, and tarnishing of TiVo's image, could be avoided by telling people up-front. Were the Marketing and PR departments kept out of the loop on this one?
Yes. The response on Twitter that I got from TiVo Support was

I understand. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will request an update so your TiVo device no longer shows an advertisement before your recording begins. Please send in your email address so that we can verify your account. I will submit the request now but please note that it will take up to 72 hours to take effect.

Thank you for providing this information. If you have further questions regarding the pre-roll advertisement, you may contact our customer support at 877-367-8486 or through our email/chat support here: Contact us at TiVo | Customer Support and refer to case no. Xxxxxxxx for assistance.

·
Banned
12,434 Posts
One of the issues I am concerned about is people who are on data caps.
How much data is it taking to load these ads?
If you go over the cap you have to pay penalties or extra money per so many gigabytes you go over.
Comcast has unlimited data for an extra 50 dollars a month but why should people have to pay another 50 a month just to use a Tivo.
Well, luckily you can now get Unlimited Data for $25 a month (xFi Gateway + Unlimited data) if you have a Blast Pro speed tier or higher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.