TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
Here's a video of what happens with Young Sheldon on CBS

www.andyf.com/IMG_0950.MOV
Nice discovery! But unfortunate!

I did mention the other day pre-rolls have been tested but not clear how and when they'd be utilized. I imagine this would be more a MSO solution or a subsidized retail offering, rather than something we'll see on existing hardware/service.

May I publish the video? Any pics of ads in guide? Thanks!

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
I don't think any (real) lawyer is going to offer legal advice on a public forum (specifics always matter). But you are always free to talk to your own lawyer and ask that question where your specifics can be evaluated and you can been given advice applicable for you.
Remember what happened to Apple when they implemented battery throttling without notifying consumers at the time of purchase? Class action. They've set aside millions for the litigation. Watch out TiVo.
Unlikely there'd be a class action as nearly all of us agreed to arbitration. And "us" isn't a very big number. Hoping they rethink this all.

Opt Out Of TiVo Arbitration

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
What if you cut it off completely, and only manually update guide data, or only let it update in the off hours when you don't use it? Does this mean that if Comcast (or whoever your ISP is) flakes out you can't watch recordings on your TiVo?
Attributed to Zatz that I saw on DSLReports:

I saw Dave Zatz posted that this weekend on Facebook and Twitter. Also if you try to block the ad servers on your home network, it hangs indefinitely waiting to load a pre-roll add that will never load.
Well. It was one early test with one specific technique. We'll see what happens as the "feature" evolves and under additional scenarios with differing variables. So, yeah, I won't be having mine turned off. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.