TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a new Bolt and I thought I was going crazy. When I play a recording the screen goes black with the spinning blue circle for a couple of seconds, then an advertisement plays for about 15 secs, then the recording starts. If you go back and play from the beginning you'll see a different ad. The ones I remember seeing are for Toyota, Keurig and Amazon.

It seems you can skip the ad by pressing fast forward but it's not that seamless.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a short video commercial, I don't know who's servers. But they look like SD low bitrate videos.
Happened on every recording so far but there's only been 5 recordings since I set it up.
My service provider is Comcast.

You can skip over the video by pressing FFWD but that's not the point is it?

I wonder if they're just testing this with a few folks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes. Fully activated. But it was either temporary or not on all shows. I just tried to record The Simpsons so I could show a video and while I still got the BSC it didn't show a commercial and went straight to the recording. I'll try again tomorrow with the same shows I recorded this morning.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Nice discovery! But unfortunate!

I did mention the other day pre-rolls have been tested but not clear how and when they'd be utilized. I imagine this would be more a MSO solution or a subsidized retail offering, rather than something we'll see on existing hardware/service.

May I publish the video? Any pics of ads in guide? Thanks!
Feel free to download the video and host it yourself. No ads in the guide.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's interesting as I have seen the exact same thing on my Bolt but I didn't think it was a drop-in Ad. I thought there was a bug where it was playing the beginning of another random show and almost all shows play a couple seconds of the commercial before the start of the show I ask for. I guess I never let the ad play more than a second or so before I hit FF and it went away. But I've seen it happen several times in the past week or so. :(
I thought the same thing at first. The clincher is when you go to play the show again from the beginning you get a totally different ad.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,451 ·
Not to stoke the fire but when I go to play a recording it checks for a pre-roll ad and displays this. I assume its talking about the pre-roll ad but selecting OK takes me back to Now Playing. Sometimes you have to retry multiple times to get the recording to play.

Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying.

Television Gadget Television set Computer monitor accessory Display device

1 - 11 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.