TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I still haven't seen an ad on my Roamio Plus.
No ads on my 1tb Roamio either,, yet. But just thinking about this while watching Amazon Prime. People realize before every Prime show, Amazon runs an ad mostly about one of their own shows. That has been ongoing. I never seen anyone complain about that on any blog. Is there a difference what TiVo is doing?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow! I opened up a can of whatever for sure. I know the Amazon pre ads are not ads but in a way they still are for their own product. No biggie. I know we spend a lot of cash, some more than others on the Tivo product. We also spend a lot on the total Amazon products. If you think the cash you give Amazon is only for shipping that is a sad misconception. Just about every store is giving free or almost free shipping to compete without a membership fee. But still its tough to beat one or two day shipping. Although my last order took 6 days! What? yep.
And no one should have to beg to have ads removed. I won't go that course if my OTA roamio gets the ads. I will treat it like the Amazon ads. Besides,I havent seen a commercial since I started using Tivo so nothing will change in this household. Even before the skip button, I would just ff through them. And the strangest thing is....I still buy Coke or Pepsi without seeing any ads. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Why was this crazy thread created that has 70 pages in less than a month? Yes, I notice it sometimes, but really, to complain about some little picayune thing when they could not put in some of the BASICS from TE3 into TE4. Plenty to complain about besides this sh*t. This is why I don't come here much...I totally agree with @Mikeguy on TE3...As We All Know!!!
Thats what I have been trying to say, but yours just put it out there as it should be. They change the software, te3 to te4 I will get used to it, they change the thumbs up, no problem, they change the whatever, I'm good. As long as its not life changing. They put in an ad that takes a button push to kill so they can keep up, no problem here.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.