TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a DVDO VP30 video processor with an add-on deinterlacing card to connect to my 50" 720p plasma. I can use the VP30 to 1-1 pixel map to the plasma and let it do all the scaling, de-interlacing, etc.

My question is on how to best use my HR10-250 to accomplish this ... I'd like to send the VP30 the best signal possible for the high definition programming, which I assume would be through the HDMI connection. But I also would like to be able to send it 480i for the standard definition processing so it can handle the deinterlacing instead of the HR10-250. I am guessing I have to go component to do that,

Is there a way to accomplish this without having to switch between 720p and 480i on the box?

The HR20 has a "native" mode which outputs whatever the channel happens to be broadcast in but I am unsure whether the HR10-250 can do this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the benefits to the scaler is the deinterlacing board, which should do a better job with the 480i SD material than the box can ... and, on my 50" plasma, SD is looking significantly worse than it did on my 42" ED panel.

Sounds like I can manually switch the output to 480i and leave the screening to the VP30.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.