TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using TiVo for OTA/Antenna and am trying to upgrade from my TiVo Bolt (for cable and antenna) to an Edge, in part because I'm getting pixilation on some channels on the Bolt. I purchased an Edge for Antenna and am glad to see signal strengths improved to 86 from 65-72 and pixilation does not occur. However, I don't like only having 2 tuners, limiting me to recording one show while watching another or recording two and watching nothing live. I know TiVo HAD an Edge for Antenna with a 2 TB drive and 4 tuners. Does anyone know if this product is coming back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wrote TiVo to ask this question and received an answer which disappeared shortly after I read it. They basically said the Edge for OTA with a larger drive and greater # of tuners is not currently available and they do not know if and when it might return, but if it does, they will let me know. It would be nice to know more about what's really going on - ie were there problems with that unit so it was discontinued, are they changing manufacturers, is Edge itself being replaced, as Mr. Dell wondered, by a new generation of units, or what? I never buy extended warranties but fortunately I did on the Bolt; today Best Buy gave me a store credit for it - due to pixilation issue and their not having a unit to replace it with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts