TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I'm sure they'd like them all back under their terms but if there needs to be reduced roles or more they might view Ariel Winter as the most expendable. Her un-Alex Dunphy-like extracurricular activities trying to turn herself into another Kardashian probably made the producers nervous.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
ABC will be cancelling Ten Days in The Valley as soon as they air or burn off the remaining 8 episodes. It’s ratings are well, well below replacement level. It’s by far the lowest rated major broadcast network show of the Fall season.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
They always say that with mini-series to save face if it tanks but if the ratings and/or acclaim are good enough they’ll always find a way to have a second season (see The Missing, Broadchurch, Fargo, The Night Of, likely Big Little Lies, etc).

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
So you mean they WILL be aired? I've not watched the 2nd ep yet, but I hope they do all air. It's worth watching just for Kyra!
With only 10 episodes planned they'll air. Worst case they'll be moved to more of a burn-off timeslot (although where they currently are has already been an ABC dead zone for years) or be made available via ABC online streaming.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
It’s not competing against other shows in the traditional Nielsen ratings model that sites like the one linked use to predict renewals. The competitive renewal focus is always on the broadcast networks. Comparing to other shows, STD’s renewal could be seen more as the coincidental timing of a (probably bad) business decision - a loss leader trying to establish a new business model.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Of course money per eyeballs goes up but it only works for them as a supplement to traditional distribution, not a replacement. Without traditional distribution the number of eyeballs paying goes down by more than the increase that each of the remaining eyeballs pays.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Crazy to cancel all three of them. Almost like they want to clean things up for Disney, a motive which I wouldn’t appreciate in the least. This might bode well for Gotham though. Fox only has two primetime hours to begin with and with the acquisition of Thursday Night Football fall programming real estate is at a premium.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Makes perfect sense. NBC was my initial thought before my last post. Seems like they’d have interest in bringing over another SNL alum and a Good Place spouse as well in Last Man on Earth. They could instantly deepen the Thursday comedy lineup with built-in audiences.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts