TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
Is that actually news? I thought that show was finished a long time ago, and that the final season was acknowledged before it even begun.
Nope.

There was a kind of soft reboot before this season, but never an end date. Hence the rather cliffhangerish ending to this season...

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
If they had only not messed up the past on Timeless so much, it might have gotten renewed.
Actually, it was renewed. But Rittenhouse didn't like all the attention they were getting, so they went back and fixed it so nobody watched the show.

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
Just FYI, you don't need to do that. Suggestions are only recorded and stay on the disk if there is literally nothing else competing.
But they do take up space from deleted shows, making it harder to recover them, right? I think that's the point here...

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
I do it differently. I record shows I think I might like. Then I watch an episode or two close to when they air. If I immediately like, then I continue down that path (I love discussing stuff here, so waiting to binge doesn't work for me, and even though I'm NOT a neilson family, I assume by this time what I watch is tracked on my DVR). If I DON'T like a show after an episode or two, then the SP is gone. Maybe I'll readdress it later if I hear it's gotten better from sources I trust. If a show is iffy but I feel has potential, I'll continue to watch until such time I determine it is worth it to keep watching or not.
That's exactly the way I handle it. I.e., the right way.

As opposed to all those lunatics who do it different ways. I.e., the wrong way. ;)

It's incredibly rare for a show to remain on my TiVo unwatched for an entire week. Most shows get watched within about a day.

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
Er, the season (and the series, for that matter) is finished, isn't it? The Kraken that appeared at the end of the last episode was a tease for next season's premiere if it got picked up.
Yeah, they wrapped things up pretty neatly.

This season was definitely better than last...which surprised me. I was expecting it to continue sliding down the slope it had been on, but it rallied nicely.

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
Gifted isn't Marvel, it's Fox. And I think it's one of the best and most interesting comic book shows.

Inhumans has gotten much better, but I think it was doomed by the botched launch and the slow start.

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
I gave Riverdale a try, but it got pretty old pretty fast. I don't think I lasted the first season.

Like the comics it's based on, though...and I can't wait for Sabrina (based on a sensational horror comic reboot).

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
I also see that Scorpion is on the bubble. I finally bailed on that show at the end of last season. I haven't watched a single episode this season. Did it get any better? S1 was stupid, but fun. Much of S2 and nearly all of S3 were just stupid.
You have a higher threshold for stupid than I do. I bailed after Season 1. ;)

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
That's a shame. I enjoyed this show just as much as the movies. I hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger. That would really be a bummer.
Traditionally, the show ends with the current season being wrapped up and then in the final moments something big gets introduced to set up the next one.

Maybe this time they'll cut the final moments..?

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
I started to feel something was up as they
killed off Ruby this week.
I think there is two more episodes left.
I doubt that had anything to do with the cancellation, which seems to have come as a surprise.

Had the show continued, well,
they've killed Ruby before...

·
I am Groot!
64,334 Posts
I didn't think anyone here was really confused or fooled by the euphemism. "Magic" is easier to type and more encompassing. Besides using Usenet or bittorrent, there are other ways to watch shows - get a friend or relative in another country to hook up a Sling box for you, use a VPN service so that your computer traffic is routed through another country, etc.
I think that might be my fault. Way back when, somebody asked how I'd gotten a show that hadn't aired in the US yet, and I said something like "It just appeared on my computer! It was...magic!" And it seemed to stick.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts