TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, did get a 6x16 free under the movers plan along with the new 5LNB dish. Had 2 existing HR10s. Got them to be replaced by HR20's and they added another $19.95 HR20 as well (Credited back though). But the local installer didn't care about taking back the HR10s, so I got to keep them. So total receivers = 2 old HR10s and 3 new HR20s. 10 feeds needed. At first they cascaded two 6x8s but I didn't like that so I got them to send a 6x16. It did take two calls and two trips for the local guys to find one though.

All for free through the movers package. Then I asked them "Any deals on programming?" A: 6 months HD package free and free HBO for 6 months. Wow.

We have been subscribing for 6 years. Only hockey package, no NFL, Superfan, etc. Got lucky I guess. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hatman said:
Thanks for your help. I called D* for the 3rd time in two days tonight. They are going to send out a technician to my house next week to "install a new multiswitch" at no cost. After I heard "at no cost" I did not ask whether they were installing a second 6x8 or a 6x16 to fix my problem.
Call back and insist on 6x16. Call their installation hotline which is a different number. I can't remember it now but it's on the website. Now that you are in the system as a no cost install, they should put in the notes that everyone agrees on a 6x16. Then call the local installer and make sure they bring the 6x16 because it's not usually stocked on their trucks. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.