TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Let us know how that goes. I briefly paired TiVo remote with CGTV and it worked but was a little flaky with some response delays and not all buttons working so didn't seem like a solid option. I'm using Shield as my primary streamer now and TS4K is in a drawer. Shield remote is not the best so TS4K remote would be great to use if it works well.
I managed to get it paired with the Shield, but it's definitely a bit flakey. Actually, it pairs rather easily, but it seems to "forget" it rather frequently. What's interesting is the first couple of times I just removed the pairing in the menu and redid it. The third time I just put the peanut back into pairing mode without doing anything else and it started working again. I may play around a bit to see if I can get it any more stable. The good thing is since I also have two Shield pros in the house, I'm used to the remote. Truth be told, the Stream is the only streaming device I've found where I like the remote. Have used Shield, Fire, Google, Roku, Apple, don't really like any of them. Of course the fact that I spent 20 years using a peanut in one form or another may have something to do with that, but I think that remote design may be the single best thing TiVo ever did.

Now to see if I can manage to sell 6 different non-lifetime sub TiVos and a Stream for anything...

Reactions: moyekj

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used my TIVO Stream for the 1st time in awhile last night & the video was freezing nonstop on yttv. I decided to watch something on Netflix & that had freezing video while the sound continued also. That leads me to believe this is a TIVO issue. I bought the TIVO to see how I liked it compared to my Rokus & well... it's not winning for sure now LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a Stream 4K, and am having the same YouTube TV video freezing issue.

It seems odd that YouTube TV is now promoting these devices to subscribers given how poorly they work with the service. Since the Stream 4K is an Android device and YouTube TV is Google, they should be able to work flawlessly together. YTTV really should be the device’s featured cable replacement streaming TV service, or at least treated as a co-equal with Sling.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just hooked mine (gift from Google) up last night. Initially I liked everything about it, until I tried YouTube TV. This is laughable!

It took the place of an old Nexus Player that had no issues with YTTV, but this thing is literally unusable.

Has there really been nothing forthcoming from either TiVo or Google in all this time?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Someone on the YTTV reddit board said they talked to a YTTV support person who said a software update would be available soon. Not sure if that is on the YTTV or Android side, but hopefully it is true. I am really close to moving on from the Tivo device. Love the remote. I ignore most of the home screen interface as all I care about is how it runs the individual apps.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I contacted Google with logs and a video clip displaying what is happening. A YouTube TV team member replied with "TiVo is aware of the issue and has been working to get this fixed. It should be resolved in the near future."

Hopefully it comes soon. I too really like the remote.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting about the new FW update. Going to dig mine out and give it a shot later.

EDIT: Can't keep the app open long enough to see if it even works. I'll open YouTube TV and it'll work for awhile, but then it'll close out and open up TiVo Stream without me ever touching the remote.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for posting about the new FW update. Going to dig mine out and give it a shot later.

EDIT: Can't keep the app open long enough to see if it even works. I'll open YouTube TV and it'll work for awhile, but then it'll close out and open up TiVo Stream without me ever touching the remote.
I was going to dig mine out too, but now I'm not expecting much after reading your post.

I bought/have seven firetv's, fire sticks, and Firestick 4k's total. They were on sale Prime days for $22-$25 each so….

I've cut ties with Cox cable TV, so all I have is YTTV and BOLT OTA now.

I'll post back later today after trying the TiVo stream again.

UPDATE;

Ok, I did the 814Mb update and NO MORE YTTV FREEZING! No crashing yet either and that's on live streaming and recordings.

I'm going to try Netflix and some other apps next.

·
Registered
457 Posts
NO issues on mine. Now if someone can come out with an integrated Guide for Sling or Youtube TV with Pluto and local tuners
AND
with Picture n Picture, this will be a great product. Right now with this update its back to an OK product.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.