TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have the same problem.
I think the Youtube TV update broke it.
So bad I switched back to FireTV for now.
I also tried everything like resets. How do you open a ticket with Youtube tv or Tivo, hope they are reading this.
Not usable, need to roll back last update.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Still not usable
Must not be a YouTube TV update as there was nothing to roll back. Or maybe once I reinstalled the rollback option is not there.
Also today there was an Andriod Update, I did that, rebooted twice, reinstalled again.
Still not working.
Seems worse on local ABC and NBC channels , can reproduce quickly on them. Other channels work great.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I also tried Ethernet connection and Wireless, no change.
Video keeps locking up.
So not happy, I am past the return period.
My choice now is buy something else for the other room or switch to Sling I guess.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Issue is only with live channels like NBC and ABC. Possible codec issue
Open a Tivo case Three weeks ago. Still no answer other than reboot or reset and we cant duplicate the issue. Maybe if everyone opens a case they will believe us that there is an issue. They

·
Registered
457 Posts
Seems to be getting worse as more updates or changes happen more come here to find a solution.
There are no solutions right now so I decided to test SLING again with a free trial.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I called Tivo , it was like they did not believe me. They even tried it on their local channels and said it worked fine.
Problem is we all live in different cities. What if it is a Codex issue where some locals compress different or use different compressions then feed it to Youtube and the TIVO just cant handle it.
FireTV and Roku work fine.
The Tivo support person wanted screen shots, still not believing me.

I really think we need more to call in and open cases. They dont think there is an issue, if that is the case, they they are not even trying to fix this right now.

If you got one on Amazon be sure to post on there that it does not work with YouTube as I think Tivo reads those more as it is a sale channel they support and sponsor.
Also you would be doing a community service in case future buyers of the product also use Youtube TV, it is really not usable right now.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Been using Sling, it works good but the CLoud DVR does not store much.
It is almost like per the SLING CONTRACT with Tivo, they must break or not Support YouTube TV, it is no longer usable. I really miss it.
May have to sell all my Tivo Streams and buy FireTVs now.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Too late, I already switched to Sling and bought the Air TV2 so I have all the locals and sub channels I want with a 2TB HD
Guess their Business Model plan worked, now I am in the Tivo Sling world. Tivo got a small kickback when I signed up.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I really love the TIVO remote.
QUESTION: will it work on FireTV or say a Google TV if I use button mapper and somehow link the remote to the other device?

Really this all comes down to is the Tivo Stream is not usable, but love the remote.
Im out the $39.95 but trying to gain some of that cost back by using the remote?
Ideas?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sling works. But of course Tivo partners with sling so Tivo cares. Tivo does not even list you tube as support. No partnership
The seem to force you to sling
Worked for me. I switched. Had no choice. Freeze makes it not usable. Wish I could return the tivos. I also got two

·
Registered
457 Posts
NO issues on mine. Now if someone can come out with an integrated Guide for Sling or Youtube TV with Pluto and local tuners
AND
with Picture n Picture, this will be a great product. Right now with this update its back to an OK product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.