TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Came across this thread, and just purchased a Stream 4K. For what its worth to everyone on here, I was having this exact same issue with my Verizon Stream 4k, so I went and purchased the Tivo Stream 4k hoping it was my Verizon box but sadly that wasn't the case. So the problem is NOT isolated to just the Tivo Stream. I was speaking with YouTube TV support who ran some troubleshooting and had me send device logs. A few days later, after looking at the logs, they called me back to acknowledge there is an issue that they need to look into. They will follow-up with me when they have a fix ready. I also have a MiBox Android box and the YTTV app does the same thing there as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Came across this thread, and just purchased a Stream 4K. For what its worth to everyone on here, I was having this exact same issue with my Verizon Stream 4k, so I went and purchased the Tivo Stream 4k hoping it was my Verizon box but sadly that wasn't the case. So the problem is NOT isolated to just the Tivo Stream. I was speaking with YouTube TV support who ran some troubleshooting and had me send device logs. A few days later, after looking at the logs, they called me back to acknowledge there is an issue that they need to look into. They will follow-up with me when they have a fix ready. I also have a MiBox Android box and the YTTV app does the same thing there as well.
A follow-up to my earlier post. I went ahead and purchased yet another android TV box -- Verizon Stream TV 4k (2nd Generation), which runs Android 10, and this problem is NOT present on that device. I've had it for about a week and can stream YouTube TV all day long in HD and it never freezes. Although the YTTV app is the same version #, the UI has some slight differences, so it must be something specific to Android 10. To be clear, the previous version of this device, the original Verizon Stream TV, is impacted by the freezing issue, so I suspect that Android Version 10 is the key here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad that's working for you. I'm definitely not doing that. At this point I'm just back to fire tv. It's ridiculous this issue hasn't been resolved by TiVo or google yet.
YouTubeTV followed up on this issue after their engineers going back and forth with me for 2 weeks. Their response on the freezing issue:

I'm following up about your freezing playback issue on your Android TV box. Our team looked into it, but still couldn't find a specific cause. We've made several improvements to YouTube TV during this time, which may have helped to resolve your issue.

I would recommend updating your app whenever a new version becomes available, as issues often get resolved in new app releases.
After going with the Verizon Stream TV 4K (Android TV 10), and running now 3+ weeks without a single YouTubeTV freezing issue, I returned my 2 Tivo Streams on the last day of my return window. I recommend that Verizon Box (the second generation version) as it is much faster than Tivo. Don't go with the first generation or you'll be subject to the same freezing issue.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.