TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really love the TIVO remote.
QUESTION: will it work on FireTV or say a Google TV if I use button mapper and somehow link the remote to the other device?

Really this all comes down to is the Tivo Stream is not usable, but love the remote.
Im out the $39.95 but trying to gain some of that cost back by using the remote?
Ideas?
it does, and that's exactly what i'm doing. replacing the ts4k with a chromecast google tv, and using the tivo remote with it. taking the actual ts4k out for target practice before i set it on fire and then blow it up. actually going to purchase two more remotes for other TVs w/ CCGTV devices, the remotes are on tivo's site for $20.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a TVS4K in my basement. Haven't used it for a month until today. Same exact problem. Has TIVO confirmed this is their bug? I like the fact this device allows me to connect an external device to the usb-c port, like a memory stick. Thats missing from the Google TV device.
no it's not. you can connect usb-c hub / storage / etc to the chromecast w/ google tv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.