TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only thing that works for me is 480p resolution. Which of course is not a fix. Since most of the broadcast is in 720p it does make me scared for all these devices once we start to get actual live 4K programming in some quantity. Pretty annoyed with the support that keeps asking us to do things that probably won't work. This is probably more Tivo's fault than Youtube TV, but they should at least be honest with us that there is no fix and (on YTTV's end) throw us a coupon for a discount on a streaming stick that should work correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine even freezes playing recorded programs. I tried to watch my "recorded" SNL and it kept freezing after playing about 10-15 seconds.
Man this is really BS. I cant imagine its anyone but Tivo's fault, since YTTV works fine on everything else Ive tried it on.
But neither seems in any hurry to fix it given that it has been a known problem for 6 months. YTTV just gave me the runaround that it was not a known problem but they were "elevating it" to the engineers. I like YTTV enough that I probably just want them to send me a discount on a Chromecast streamer, but it is kind of irritating that nobody seems bothered by a problem that I am guessing thousands of users are having.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Problem is the ChromeCast a little sluggish from my experience. I found TS4K more responsive. Ended up with expensive NVIDIA Shield which is responsive and doesn't experience the freezing issue and using Fire Stick 4K on another TV which is also pretty responsive and no freezing issues (but has annoying Amazon advertising).
I have not used the Chromecast but am wary if it is more sluggish. I like starting a sports game 30-60 minutes behind live and fast forwarding through commercials or even between at bats in a baseball game. A sluggish device would make that annoying. The Tivo did that very well until this freezing issue surfaced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Someone on the YTTV reddit board said they talked to a YTTV support person who said a software update would be available soon. Not sure if that is on the YTTV or Android side, but hopefully it is true. I am really close to moving on from the Tivo device. Love the remote. I ignore most of the home screen interface as all I care about is how it runs the individual apps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.