TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I use TS4K with YTTV fairly frequently to play back cloud recordings and have yet to run into any issues. (Don't tune to anything live though).

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I'm starting to see YTTV recordings (not live which I don't use) get video freezes while audio continues. Have to use trick play to fix it. Looks like TiVo really botched video codecs in this update.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Was forced to switch to a Fire Stick 4K in place of TS4K because of this issue. For certain YTTV recordings playback would video freeze constantly making it super annoying. Not a fan of the Amazon advertising on Fire Stick but at least video freeze problem on playback goes away.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Problem is the ChromeCast a little sluggish from my experience. I found TS4K more responsive. Ended up with expensive NVIDIA Shield which is responsive and doesn't experience the freezing issue and using Fire Stick 4K on another TV which is also pretty responsive and no freezing issues (but has annoying Amazon advertising).

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
In fact, I'm hoping I can pair the remote with the Shield when it arrives tomorrow.
Let us know how that goes. I briefly paired TiVo remote with CGTV and it worked but was a little flaky with some response delays and not all buttons working so didn't seem like a solid option. I'm using Shield as my primary streamer now and TS4K is in a drawer. Shield remote is not the best so TS4K remote would be great to use if it works well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.