TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I remember couple months ago there was a lot of freezing on several smart TVs and the android version of YTTV. But I don't see much chatter about that recently other than some Nvidia models which I'm wondering if it's may be related to a specific Android version that also TiVo Stream 4K shares.

Did you try the 'Settings. Apps. YouTube TV, force stop AND Clear Cache' approach yet? Assuming cache can be cleared on installed apps on tivostream.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes. I did clear the cache. In fact I also reset the TS4K and started over too. Also, I have used it on WiFi and with an Ethernet adapter. Seems it freezes immediately after changing channels. Maybe it freezes 2 or 3, sometimes 4 times. But those happen right after changing the channel. Then it won't freeze again while still on that channel. And I've learned to just move forward or backward 'one click'. My four other brands of streaming devices work fine. So I'm just playing with the TS4K in an attempt to stumble onto a fix or at least a consistent pattern for its failure. I'm surprised the TiVo folks don't fix it. But now the product is probably past the development stage.

I have only used on one TV. It is a Sony Bravia XBR. But, all things considered, the other streaming devices work fine with the TV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone else having problems again with YouTube tv freezing/ pixelating ? Both my tivo 4K’s have latest updates and I’m getting freezing video problems like before the update. Both on WiFi and wired Ethernet. Anyone else experiencing this on YouTube TV ?
I have issues randomly with YouTube TV video freezing and the audio continues. I have noticed that if I force stop YouTube TV, open a different app (Netflix, Plex, Hulu, whatever) and watch something for a second, and then go back into YouTube TV, it works. It is not the best thing, but at least it gets me going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to do something similar. But for the last couple of days I just rewind one step or move forward one step. That fixes it for either a couple of seconds or until you change the channel... So you might have to do it 2, 3 or 4 times. But the audio still works so you don't miss any of the show. I don't know why but it seems the audio only jumps by a second maybe. Not perfect by any means but takes very little effort.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I usually change channels, or stop - move back-move forward and restart. That will change fix it until I change channels again... I am not devoted to TIVO to continue this crap.

Now that YTTV and Roku have settled their dispute, Switching to ROKU. Already have an Ultra on one TV. Will keep the TIVO for the guest bedroom that generally does not get used and the outside TV which is used exclusively for sports.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts