TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having problems again with YouTube tv freezing/ pixelating ? Both my tivo 4K’s have latest updates and I’m getting freezing video problems like before the update. Both on WiFi and wired Ethernet. Anyone else experiencing this on YouTube TV ?

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
I've had a couple of freezes using my NVIDIA Shield lately. Once it happens I can't play any YTTV video and the only way to fix is restart the SHIELD. Maybe Google is messing with the encoding again causing problems for some players.

·
Registered
46 Posts
pixelating is usually a problem with the broadcaster, but you have not indicated how frequently it happens

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having same issue of pixelating. with YTTV.

Not broadcaster as it does it from the library one time and another play through will work fine.

Have 3 4K Streamers and they all do it, regularly. Been occurring for last 3 weeks.

Found switching channels and returning it will fix it. Sometimes moving back or forward would do same.

Really annoying...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its broken again for me. It took many months for them to fix last timer
if you want them to fix "it" probably best to give more details, not sure how much longer Tivo will update this device.

The next update will likely be a change to googleTV and AndroidTV10 which will probably be next year based on previous communications and official google console source, next year as that is the 2 year timeframe Tivo stated they had with this device.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a freezing problem couple of times. Turned out that my firestick wasn't working properly and it needed an update. Everything works perfect since then. Here is the instructions how to do it. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pixelating is usually a problem with the broadcaster, but you have not indicated how frequently it happens
Happens at random.Sometimes happens when you first open youtube tv, sometimes happens when you change channels. It seems worse on local channels ABC,NBC although ive seen it lock up on other channels also. I have tried auto ,1080p,720p. 480p settings, does not seem to make a difference. i can cast from tablet with the youtube tv app with no issues, used QVC app live tv -no issues. Use plex,kodi and syncler app to watch shows- no issues. So its just limited to youtube tv app. I also have a 4k firestick and Nvidea shield hooked up to same tv. No problems with those devices. I'm curious if anyone that has hulu live tv is experiencing any screen freeze while streaming live tv ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one newer Sony TV that has both Android/YTTV plus have the Tivo unit connected to one of the HDMI ports. Only the Tivo has this Pixelation issue. Agree worse on locals, but have seen it on CNBC.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have a TiVo that has YouTube TV on it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My TiVo Stream will completely freeze (no video/audio) after a couple of seconds when attempting to watch YouTube TV. I have tried uninstalling the app, but even that did not help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 4 Stream 4K's and Youtube TV freezes on all 4 of them.. have factory reset, rebooted, force closed, cleared cache, app data, etc. nothing resolves the issue very long. very frustrating experiences, almost has me ready to ditch these for different devices.. Tivo Support has been less than helpful.. really like the device and the remote, but this is getting old

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I am ready to ditch the device. Pixelating problem started recurring a couple of months ago. It only happens on live telecasts, usually sports, from over the air channels or channels like ESPN. Recorded stuff is fine. One can usually fix it by FFing 3 or 4 times but it is beyond annoying. Connection is fine. Regular HD and not even 4K. Reinstalled the app, cleared cache, etc.

Just not worth additional hours of frustration for a product that does not work that well anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I already ditched mine.. terrible experience and nobody at Tivo or Youtube TV apparently cares enough to put effort into resolving. This is the bad side of the good and bad of Android based products.. you rely on excellent support of the company using Android on their platform. Apparently relying on Tivo here was a mistake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Video on my TS4K freezes often when changing 'channels' while watching YTTV. Audio is always fine. 'Fix' is to FF one or two or three times. Seems once 'fixed', it will not freeze again until channel is changed. Also have Apple TV, Roku Ultra, and 'Google Chromecast with Google TV', which all work fine. I have gigabit Google Fiber, Linksys mesh system, gigabit switches. TV is 4K Sony Bravia XBR 75". I've used the TS4K on wifi and with an Ethernet adapter. Both perform inconsistently.

Tried complete reset. Updates are current. Tried various resolutions. HDR on and off. Nothing helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does the TiVo Guide and/or Live TV buttons work with YouTube TV in any way at all? Even if it's half the integration than what Stream 4K does with Sling.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Neither button does a thing on YTTV for me.
Dang, that would be so cool if shortcuts could be modified on the remote somehow. I understand the TiVo Guide not supporting YouTube TV listings / vise versa. But If Live TV remote button just went to open YouTube TV app instead, that would be great. And Guide button, while in YouTubeTV app, could act as the "menu/guide" button in-app. Stream4K needs a mod/hacker community lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree. That would be nice. But really, for me, the freezing video issue is a real bad situation that I can't seem to establish a pattern for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts