TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I was using the YouTube App on my Roamio VOX. After a few direction presses, it would jump more than one position. For example, if I press down button once it would jump down two or four places. I've tried other remotes and the same problem happens. So I ruled out it's not the remote. Also the yellow circle on the unit would light up even if I'm not pressing the button, but only after I pressed a direction once meaning it's receiving a signal after the fact. This only happens in the YouTube app, NetFlix and Amazon are fine. It's a bit annoying to scroll down or up for that matter.

I reported it to Tivo Support, and they recommended I delete the app and reinstall, but the problem is I can unselect the app, it's not listed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sort of glad I'm not the only one with this problem, I hope they resolve it soon. I have an open case ticket, and waiting to hear back from them.

Did your unit start acting up about a week ago?
Seems like it was a couple of weeks ago, but yeah just started recently. It basically makes using the tivo remote useless when using the youtube app (I loose my mind when it just starts scrolling out of control), my work around has been to use the tivo application (remote control function) on my android phone, which seems really odd that it does not do it when I use my phone as a remote.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I just got an email from Tivo Support. They told me to try a Repeated Guided Setup
My Tivo is currently recording, so I'll try it tomorrow when it's not recording and update.
I assume you're on TE4. I've got a Roamio OTA on TE3 and I'm not experiencing the navigation issues you describe on Youtube. I'm not sure how unselecting and selecting the Youtube App or rerunning guided setup would reinstall the Youtube App. I think there is a kickstart code that forces the entire software to be reinstalled on the Tivo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can confirm it's an RF issue. No problems in IR only mode but that's just temporary fix. I should be able to use RF mode all the time. Right now I have an unpaired remote that I use for YouTube surfing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I assume you're on TE4. I've got a Roamio OTA on TE3 and I'm not experiencing the navigation issues you describe on Youtube. I'm not sure how unselecting and selecting the Youtube App or rerunning guided setup would reinstall the Youtube App. I think there is a kickstart code that forces the entire software to be reinstalled on the Tivo.
I don't know what TE4 is, but I'm using a Series5 with software version 21.9.2.v4-846-6-846. I assume the v4 is TE4.
AFAIK, it's not possible to unselect the YouTube App, at least in my version. I keep getting replies from different Tivo Tech Support.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I don't know what TE4 is, but I'm using a Series5 with software version 21.9.2.v4-846-6-846. I assume the v4 is TE4.
AFAIK, it's not possible to unselect the YouTube App, at least in my version. I keep getting replies from different Tivo Tech Support.
TE4 is the new interface. The version number you specified is TE4. You can roll back a Roamio to TE3, the old interface, but you will lose all of your recordings. There are threads on this forum with instructions on how to rollback. The instructions you are receiving from Tivo support seem like nonsense to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
About a week ago I was using the YouTube App on my Roamio VOX. After a few direction presses, it would jump more than one position. For example, if I press down button once it would jump down two or four places. I've tried other remotes and the same problem happens. So I ruled out it's not the remote. Also the yellow circle on the unit would light up even if I'm not pressing the button, but only after I pressed a direction once meaning it's receiving a signal after the fact. This only happens in the YouTube app, NetFlix and Amazon are fine. It's a bit annoying to scroll down or up for that matter.

I reported it to Tivo Support, and they recommended I delete the app and reinstall, but the problem is I can unselect the app, it's not listed.
Similar problem here. In the YouTube app, I hit the down arrow once to move to the next row and it "takes off" scrolling down until there is nothing else to scroll. Repeatable every time I use the app on the Roamio Pro.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having the same problem with my roamio OTA remote. Do not have the problem if I use a sony universal remote, so I figured it was the tivo remote, and ordered a vox remote, which has the same problem. I'll try switching the old remote to IR (I thought it already was). Most of my viewing is YouTube, so it is a real annoyance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes; it is an RF problem. Switched back to IR it works fine. That's not great, because my box is in a cabinet (and I don't think that the new vox remote works on IR). I hope they get this fixed. It is a software, not hardware, issue, so they have no excuses.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.