TiVo Community Forum banner

What were your favorite TechTV or ZDTV programs? Choose as many as you wish.

• Call for Help (with Leo Laporte)

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • The Screensavers

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • Money Machine

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Tech Live

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Fresh Gear

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Silicon Spin (w/ John C. Dvorak and friends)

Votes: 17 14.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cubs fan
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to list all the shows in the poll, but the bb only permits upto 6 options.

Everyone is welcome to reply with their favorites, regardless if the program is listed in the poll.

The very first archive.org page for zdtv.com lists these programs:

Big Thinkers | Call for Help | Computer Shopper | CyberCrime | Digital Avenue | Fresh Gear | GameSpot TV | Internet Tonight | The Money Machine | The Screen Savers | Silicon Spin | ZDTV News | ZDTV Radio

Source:
http://web.archive.org/web/19990508115932/www.zdnet.com/zdtv/

Today I listened to one of Leo's internet projects, "this Week in Tech", a radio show that is a lot like the old Screensavers program.

http://ourmedia.org/node/12725

(Click on "This media file's URL: Link" on that page)

·
Rebus Philbin
31,210 Posts
The Screen Savers was THE show. At least we can still listen to Leo, Patrick, Kevin and the gang on their podcast...

·
Father of Sam.
2,303 Posts
Internet Tonight...but since it wasn't available, I voted Fresh Gear (back in the Jim Jauderback days, even), The Screensavers (and era except the last...ugh..), and Call for Help (with Leo...NOT Chris!).

·
Registered
652 Posts
Pretty much any episode of TechTv is preferable to most of the garbage they now have on G4. I used to watch TechTv all the time. They at least assumed most people were intelligent. G4 seems to put out shows that get more and more juvenile all the time. And now they're putting out shows that have nothing to do with computers or games.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.