TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
61,590 Posts
was that a joke? That page says "There is currently no text in this page." for me.

I saw other people mentioning some other inconsistencies regarding other characters from memory.
Not a joke. Looks like the period at the end of Jr. is supposed to be part of the URL but got bumped to the next line in my post. I've fixed it and that should take you to the right page.

Reactions: mattack

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,601 Posts
was that a joke? That page says "There is currently no text in this page." for me.

I saw other people mentioning some other inconsistencies regarding other characters from memory.
For me anyway, the most noticeable and it's been brought up many times in the thread is the height difference between older Georgie and young Georgie. For me, other than that, I think the continuity is pretty good and they kind of look alike.

·
Premium Member
27,640 Posts
And as usual Sheldon is clueless about human issues and makes everything about himself.
And it's getting really really old now.

The story lines with Georgie becoming a father, the growing tension between George and Mary (and the beginnings of Mary leaving the church life), and Missy growing up and becoming a badass (well, more of a badass, that is) are infinitely more interesting stories than Sheldon.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,601 Posts

The story lines with Georgie becoming a father, the growing tension between George and Mary (and the beginnings of Mary leaving the church life), and Missy growing up and becoming a badass (well, more of a badass, that is) are infinitely more interesting stories than Sheldon.
Very true, but what we are seeing is what shaped Sheldon as we know him from TBBT. He's always been a self centered momma's boy man-child, and that's what we are seeing. And we are seeing the reasons why. Dad doesn't have a big interest in Sheldon as a person, so he lacks an empathetic father figure. His mom has her own issues and she's so worried about what God and the Church thinks about her to worry about how Sheldon is at this point in time. And Sheldon shuts himself off emotionally as the family structure around him falls apart. So yeah, while the other stories are more interesting, we can see how it affects young Sheldon and how that carries over to the Sheldon we know. Sheldon's parental figures are not his parents but his mentors, and while he seeks his mother's approval, she really cannot give it to him.

I still enjoy TBBT reruns, but watching them in the "what we know now about Sheldon" perspective, it's interesting to juxtapose the two. And obviously we know that TBBT was mostly written before there WAS a YS series, so there are always things that don't jive. But there are certainly personality traits that do.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,937 Posts
It does get old, but it's realistic. This is my daughter, who's now almost 18 but still does it. Feeling sick? She's feeling sick and wants your empathy. Need a haircut? So does she and wants everyone to know about it. Is her sister having trouble with her boyfriend? Yeah, she's having trouble with her best friend and sees it as exactly the same thing, only far worse so suck it up because she sucked it up with her friend.

Some people are just like that.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
61,590 Posts
I wasn't that thrilled with the finale. I thought the Penn and Teller bit was really dumb, and I didn't like the cliffhanger. But the dream Sheldon had, where he played all the family members, was really well done, so that was cool. And it was fun to see Iain put on the Flash shirt.

·
Premium Member
15,962 Posts
I, too, thought the bit w/Sheldon playing everybody was really well done and so cool. Who would expect that! The P&T part I was cool with. Of course, the Flash shirt was perfect. I'm amazed that, as much as I detest the Sheldon character, I still really like this show.

Of late, it's been kind of weird for me seeing Armitage grow up and change a fair amount. But he's such a good actor and I hope to be seeing him in different things over the years. I only know him from this and 'Big Little Lies', so far.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts