TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,934 Posts
Would have been hilarious (to my wife and I anyway) If "Coach" was on TV in the bar and they made snide remarks at it :)
That's something The Goldbergs would have done.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,601 Posts
And Missy and Me Maw. Heck we know George Sr. dies. The idea is to find out the how and why. So what they are doing is perfect. We know Georgie becomes a successful businessman and we are learning why. I'm sure we'll find out more about Missy's story. Sheldon paints her as kind of a slut, but we are going to learn how she really is, and there's much more nuance to her story than what we saw on TBBT.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I watched it, I'm sure I was amused, and now I can't remember a thing.

Oh yeah, Mary discovers Meemaw & Georgie are running a gambling joint. Hilarity ensues. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
15,957 Posts
I like that Georgie’s getting some character development now. I’m starting to think of the main story about Sheldon is becoming secondary.
Interesting you should say that. I've grown to really like Georgie. I always liked Missy and the grandmother and would watch a show with just them, but now I add Georgie to that.

I give HUGE kudos to Iain Armitage, as he's an outstanding actor. He really kills in this role. I have grown, over the years watching both shows, to absolutely abhor Sheldon Cooper. From what we see, he's always been an obnoxious narcissist who gets away with anything he wants to do or say, no matter how horribly he treats others.

I know it's not real life but I get angry seeing how young Sheldon gets to do or say anything he wants to people, even with the parents, especially the mother (I don't like her anymore either, although I do appreciate the acting) who just lets the kid do and say these horrible things to people. Why wouldn't the mother sit him down and straighten him out? I guess I struggle a lot with that. Then, he grows up to be even more awful.

I really like both shows and still watch reruns of both and new eps of YS, but I'd like it a whole lot better w/o Sheldon.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
61,588 Posts
I know it's not real life but I get angry seeing how young Sheldon gets to do or say anything he wants to people, even with the parents, especially the mother (I don't like her anymore either, although I do appreciate the acting) who just lets the kid do and say these horrible things to people. Why wouldn't the mother sit him down and straighten him out? I guess I struggle a lot with that. Then, he grows up to be even more awful.
I like when there are episodes where other people in his life get one over on Sheldon, and it's especially fun when he's completely clueless about it. This most recent episode was a great example, where Missy realized Sheldon was tattling on everyone, so she suggested they all play Sardines and manipulated Sheldon into being the first one to hide. Sheldon then fell asleep in the hiding spot and the rest of the kids had a great night. And the ending voiceover was Sheldon saying how he's undefeated at Sardines. Love it!

·
TakoKichi
14,390 Posts
I'm finding myself uninterested in Sheldon (the character) this season. Iain Armitage (Sheldon) has clearly turned the corner on puberty, which seems to somehow have exposed his weakness as an actor. I guess it was cute when he was younger, where his age and maturity mismatch was more appealing. The pubescent Sheldon's delivery seems so stilted, unnatural and unlikeable (and not in an older Sheldon unlikeable kind of way).

I still enjoy all the other characters, Missy, Georgie and Meemaw in particular. Georgie seems to have gotten himself into some hot water this week! ;)

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
"You going to talk to me about big hair?" -- I love Georgie.

It was tough watching Sheldon last night, his emotion-less responses to Paige were painful to watch.

Tonight is the 100th episode. Who remembers Sept 2017...
Based on last night's episode, I should have also shared this one...

Face Smile Chin Hairstyle Eyebrow

21 - 40 of 117 Posts