TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I need to stop watching this show for a while. A half hour isn't enough. I need to watch at least two at once.

I liked the fantasies where Dewey got violent.

Imagine Dwayne playing football in Canada after being used to Hawaii and Miami. He's never been that cold!

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I'm going to wait two weeks and watch two at once. That's the only way when it's like "This Is Us".

Another site had a comment from someone who remembers The Rock appearing as his father on "That 70s Show". I watched that show but don't remember. I guess I liked The Rock back then because I always have since I first saw him in a movie, but don't remember when.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I have watched two, but they are focusing on one story each week now instead of trying to do so many. I'm more able to watch one episode at a time when they do this instead of feeling unsatisfied.

The first one I watched had the end of his football career. He hasn't started wrestling yet, but in 2032 the man is claiming Dewey tried to kill him. So the second episode had Dewey talking about his father's career success and the new kid claiming Rocky wasn't really his father. Also his grandmother having to give up her business and his mother taking it over.
Rocky was very convincing. I really thought he and his partner were fighting on the radio.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I'm still a few weeks behind because of my decision to watch several weeks at once based on the idea they would do several storylines each week.

Still, it's renewed. I didn't see a link.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I have seen two episodes since I lasted posted here.

If anyone has not seen him in "Fresh Off the Boat" Randall was kind of like he is on this show, always smiling, always friendly, kind of a loser, and uptight and nerdy. His wife was like Abishola on "Bob Hearts Abishola".

In one episode Dewey was in high school. Or rather he was supposed to be. His mom was furious no one made sure he was in school, and he was living in a dump. And the man's bodyguard, at least unofficially.

In the other he was starting his wrestling career. Dwayne was tough back then. And his father was a hard taskmaster but that's what it would take.

On last night's classic SNL, Will Ferrell as George W had not yet taken office but he was working on his cabinet. It would include The Rock. Also, Darrell Hammond as Al Gore said something about knowing what The Gore was cookin'. That's only five years away.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
One more. Dewey was misbehaving in school because, it turned out, he like a girl.

It is stated Dewey is getting bigger than his classmates but he still looks quite little to me.

The scene with Andre the Giant was really nice.

Grandma manipulated the jury. Those scenes in court were really funny.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Note: I'm up to the one where Dewey was in Nashville.

Another good episode. I never enjoy 2032 that much but The Rock is so good you have to have that. Otherwise, it seems like it could be more like "This Is Us" but maybe with "Wonder Years" narration. Randall is just a loser. That's funnier when he's running a successful restaurant because he doesn't seem like a loser.

I'm not sure why the others got so upset with Dewey singing or what the point was in showing those people in the restaurant. But it included the story of how Rocky and his wife met, which was fun. The part about Ata telling the story and Randall getting confused ... well, that's just silly. Who cares? I liked the story.

And seeing that there was hope for Rocky and Ata was nice. And the latest wrestler--I'm not sure whether to call him a villain because he seems like one. But in "real life" he's really nice.

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The last 15 minutes of the season finale (the 2nd episode of the night) was preempted by Biden's news conference. What are my options for watching it, somewhere?

· Registered
4,321 Posts
The last 15 minutes of the season finale (the 2nd episode of the night) was preempted by Biden's news conference. What are my options for watching it, somewhere?
I think NBC has it on their web site.

Tate won the election. I already know that because it ended up on my recording of "This Is Us".

· Registered
3,287 Posts
It's on Hulu as well.

The show was much better this season. I think I liked it best when they focused on the old school wrestlers and the beginning of the rocks career. I could probably watch an entire show just about that stuff.

· Premium Member
16,943 Posts
FYI, if anybody's looking for the last two eps of the season - I see that they are re-airing on Sunday (tomorrow) night. I only noticed because my Tivo shows them as 'new' and was going to record them again.

I'm so totally NOT into wrestling, but I really like this show a lot and hope it keeps going.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I'm so totally NOT into wrestling, but I really like this show a lot and hope it keeps going.
Yeah. Dwayne wrestled on TV for the first time this week. The Rock kept calling it "WWE" but t was "WWF" at that time. He was sick. Understandable.

Randall actually started to kiss him. I just knew The Rock would open his eyes with a look that would put a stop to that.

I really liked the episode. Dwayne was constantly lying but he was so polite. And it was great to see all those celebrities. It still bothers me that they can't say anything at the end like "Although loosely based on real events and people in the life of Dwayne Johnson". Because they make a point of telling us who all the celebrities are.

Randall started to tell his own story. Uh-uh. This is all about me.

· Meh.
41,619 Posts
I love all the references to the old time wrestlers I grew up watching every Saturday morning. The last episode had a reference to The Magnificent Muraco! I remember being a kid and wishing I had muscles like Don Muraco.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
One more episode for me.

In 2032, The Rock and Randall were eating unhealthy food.

In 1984, Rocky wasn't happy that he wasn't a part of some big show, and yet he and his partner were part of a wrestling cage performance and it looked like he just walked out. But then he came back. A really good episode.

I think the wrestling looks fake, but they don't want the cast members to get hurt.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts