TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YellowJackets is a show on Showtime about a high school girls soccer team that is flying to 'nationals' and their plane crashes (1995ish). They're not rescued for a year and a half.

The show splits time between the time of the crash and 25 years later. (today).

I binged the whole thing up to the latest episode over the weekend.

just a great show. Didn't see a thread so i thought i'd start one.
I believe the season finale is this coming weekend.

·
UHDTV Snob
13,565 Posts
Absolutely love this show. And cannot wait for the finale. My favorite pair (past/present) is Misty. Ricci is a hoot as is her young counterpart. Also Juliet Lewis and Ricci have been great together.

Wondering how they ultimately get rescued and those that did not and why/how.

·
Premium Member
15,957 Posts
I'm enjoying this show, although I have trouble with some of the kids/adults, knowing which are the same person. The Ricci adult and her teen counterpart are about the only ones who I can tell who it is.

Wow, that sounded confusing.

Is this a one-and-done, or will there be more? I looked it up to find that there are 10 episodes for this season.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I guess my wife and I might finish this because our daughter raved about it. But we both think the acting is just awful. And the whole thing has a low-rent Lost meets Lord of the Flies vibe (maybe Deliverance too, with the cabin and the pre-existing doodle on the tree after the crash— we’ve only watched 3 episodes).

And I know Juliet Lewis is no beauty, but did they do a major makeup job on her? She’s very hard to look at - almost like she’s wearing another person’s face. When the cop expressed interest in her I told my wife he must have a zombie fetish.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I had passed on this because I also thought it was just an obvious Lord of the Flies thing, but I caught the marathon before the finale and couldn't stop watching.

Do we know which girl was hunted in the beginning of the first episode? I was thinking it was Jackie, but I seem to remember that girl had dark hair.

I did roll my eyes that after months in the wilderness, all the girls had clean, undamaged clothes and none of their roots had grown out.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,736 Posts
The final episode had a scene that was too unbelievable to me.
There is no way a bear that size could be put down by a single stab of a knife.

·
Premium Member
5,245 Posts
Overall, I thought it was pretty good, but not great. I enjoyed the flashbacks in the wilderness a lot more than the present day stuff. That being said, I'm still interested to see where the show goes next season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts