TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
TiVoPony said:
For those of you who can connect to everything except the Movie and Yahoo apps (but everything else works fine) - we think we have a pretty good idea what is wrong and are working on getting it resolved for you. It's something we need to handle on our side, so just sit back and enjoy the apps that you can see...we'll have the issue with the other four resolved for you as soon as we can.

If you're seeing the opposite of this (the Movie and Yahoo apps work, but none of the games or other apps do)...drop me a PM with your TSN and the details.

Thanks,
Pony
I can connect to everything except the Movie and Yahoo apps (but everything else works fine). But also, under podcasts if you try to add a url for a podcast that's not listed it fails. My 40hr S2 has everything and it all works, the 80hr S2 has the above problems on the same network. TiVo Pony any new news on this?

Update:
Customer support now says my problem is the software rev.
80hr is running 7.2.1-oth-01-2-140 doesn't work with Yahoo and Fandango.
40hr is running 7.2.2-oth-01-2-540 works.

They said that the 80hr is an older model and they're working on the update to 7.2.2 for it.
No timeline though. TiVo Pony, care to comment?

Hi,

In the same boat...one of my Tivo's works fine w/ all new apps and TTG, the other one, Yahoo (photos/weather/traffic) and Fandango does not work...and TTG does not work.

Here's some info:
80-hour software version 7.2.2-oth.01-2-140 Service # starts w/ 240...
TiVo with the problems, Yahoo (photos/weather/traffic) and Fandango does not work and TiVo To Go recognizes the unit, but has an error "there was an error while attempting to retrieve data from the selected DVR".

40-hour software version (SAME), service # starts w/ 140...
This is my OLDER unit and it is working fine, works fine w/ TTG, Yahoo! everything fine.

Based on what I have read in other posts, my issue appears to be a Port 443 issue (h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/ - sorry I had to post it like this for my message to go through on this board), however, I have not seen any resolution on how this can be fixed. Please help - I have been in this situation since December.

I have done all the restarts/select no transfers/changing settings at tivo site, etc. etc...to no avail.

Have ping'ed and telnet'ed port 80 and port 443. Port 80 is fine for both units. Port 443 only works on the 40-hour unit (the one that is fine).

Help!

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I can't run Yahoo! Photos, Weather,Traffic and and Browse and buy Movie tickets.
I get the following error message when I select one of the obove:

"An error occurred while running the application. Could not open url.

However, Live365, Podcaster, etc. work fine except Yahoo and Fandango services.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have an 80hr S2 DT that has this problem (the Yahoo! and Movie apps both give the "Could not open url" error, but other apps work). I also have a 40hr S2 that doesn't have the problem; all the apps work. The 80hr DT is using software version 7.3.1-oth-01-2-649 and the 40hr 7.3.1-oth-01-2-540. Since they're both running the same version of software, I don't see why there's a problem. Maybe it's something weird with the dual-tuner models?

I have an 80 hour series 2 DT model, same software version JimDog mentions above. Same problem. Everything works except for the Yahoo, the CBS sportsline and the movie ticket options.

After being on hold 45 minutes I had the privilege of speaking with a person who has no clue, and who has now transferred me to another long hold. We'll see if the next person has any more luck with it...

[now 33 minutes into the hold that the woman said would be 20 minutes...]
[and now 64 minutes...]
[okay, after 83 minutes a person...]
[he asks if he can put me on hold for "a minute" while he checks on something]
[on hold for another 20 minutes]

He hung up on me. The m**********r hung up on me. After two and a half hours on hold they hung up on me.

al_3rabi said:
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I can't run Yahoo! Photos, Weather,Traffic and and Browse and buy Movie tickets.
I get the following error message when I select one of the obove:

"An error occurred while running the application. Could not open url.

However, Live365, Podcaster, etc. work fine except Yahoo and Fandango services.

I have exactly the same problem with Series 3

Just wanted to post that somethhing apparently happened and mine is now fixed. i just gave up on it after a while, but now the stuff works. So it wasn't apparently related to opening ports or anything like that (because I closed everything back up after I gave up.)

My 80 hour unit sometimes gets to the podcast main menu, sometimes it does not. It starts of by saying please wait....then fails. Never ets to the main podcast screen when it does....other times I get to the podcast screen ( I can see Favorites, Public radio etc...) but fails when I select favorites then my favorite. Very erratic.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.