TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
The Yahoo!, Fandango, Live365 and other TiVo-installed apps appear on the menu whether or not HME apps are enabled. Also, the "could not open url" error message is clearly different than other network error messages. For instance, if my TiVo cannot access my home LAN (as when I physically disconnect it from the LAN) neither the HME apps nor any TiVo-installed apps even appear on the menu. If it is connected and has a temporary problem accessing one of the apps that does work (Live365, etc) there is a quite different error message (starting, I think, with an "X") displayed.

Hey guys,

Sorry you're having trouble. It could be something on our end, but to figure that out, I'll need some help.

If you're repeatedly getting an error that prevents you from starting an app please send me a Private Message with the following information:

Your Name
Your TSN (fifteen digit TiVo Service Number)
The date and time this happened
A list of apps that would not start up at that time
A list of apps that would start up at that time

Thanks!

Our best guess is that some of the apps use a secure connection, and that's creating an issue for some of you. But if it's not those apps, it's likely a firewall setting on your network. Either way the information will help us figure this out and get you running. :)

Thanks,
Pony

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Private message sent. After sending it, I thought of one last issue which may have some bearing: I had been playing with Galleon for a couple of days before activation of similar apps in TiVo software. All Galleon apps worked fine. After activation of TiVo apps for a few hours both Galleon and TiVo apps were visible on menu. Galleon no longer installed on PC and apps no longer on menu.

OK...I have an amendment to my request for Private Messages.

If you're in one of our Beta Programs - you shouldn't be posting about your issues here in the public forum.

And you shouldn't send me a private message about your issues!

There are official ways and places for you to discuss issues...not the public forum!

The majority of PM's I received overnight were from Beta Testers. You know who you are...stop it or I'll have to sic a Beta Program Manager on you! ;)

At least the problem isn't as widespread as it seemed. :)

Thanks,
Pony

Yahoo Photos. Yahoo Weather, and Yahoo traffic give a url error. Can not open. No problems with Live365 and my other network apps are fine. I have disabled firewall and still get the error message.

Jim

New apps working perfectly - almost.
I cannot get Live365 to stop playing.
I get both audio sources - the live365 music and whatever tivo is showing (live or recorded). No 'stop' function for the stream that I can find. I even unplugged my wireless adapter and when I reconnected it it restarted....

?!?!?!?!

Mozart is great, but not perfect for all soundtracks...

Anyone else?

Just retried and it works fine now - you have to back all the way back to the exit live365 option screen - that I did not see before...

can't trouble shoot too much - my son's Noggin time precludes - but it seems t work ok now...

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Fixed! Don't know what caused the problem, but after receiving a note from TiVoPony, I did a connection and a restart. Note that it was a very short connection and a long restart, but all apps work fine now. Plus CNET which had been kaput is downloading at this very moment. Thanks, Bob!

I have 2 tivos going through the same firewall.

My humax with DVD burner reports the url problem with all the apps that need sign in (yahoo stuff and fandango). No problem with games, live365, and podcasts. I also get "shimming". The output is progressive component. I've never installed any other apps. I've restarted it several times.

The other tivo works fine. The output is S-video.
It was able to get the cnet stuff on it before, whereas the humax never did.

Here is what I conclude:

1. It doesn't have anything to do with my firewall settings.
2. It is not related to conflicts with other apps.
3. It is somehow related to sending information to the server - my username (yahoo apps) or my zipcode (fandango).
4. It's not a problem with the yahoo or fandango servers.
5. It's definitely a tivo problem and not my network, hardware, or software problem.

For those of you who can connect to everything except the Movie and Yahoo apps (but everything else works fine) - we think we have a pretty good idea what is wrong and are working on getting it resolved for you. It's something we need to handle on our side, so just sit back and enjoy the apps that you can see...we'll have the issue with the other four resolved for you as soon as we can.

If you're seeing the opposite of this (the Movie and Yahoo apps work, but none of the games or other apps do)...drop me a PM with your TSN and the details.

Thanks,
Pony

There has been some improvement. The yahoo apps now work, however I was unable to put in my yahoo account and id. Tivo kept telling me either the id or passwork was incorrect but I am sure I entered correctly.

JimG19 said:
There has been some improvement. The yahoo apps now work, however I was unable to put in my yahoo account and id. Tivo kept telling me either the id or passwork was incorrect but I am sure I entered correctly.
Is it possible that you have special characters in your id or password? There have been reports that the Yahoo apps have trouble if the id or password contain characters such as $, %, etc...

We've passed that feedback along to Yahoo (they wrote the Yahoo apps).

Thanks,
Pony

TiVoPony said:
Is it possible that you have special characters in your id or password? There have been reports that the Yahoo apps have trouble if the id or password contain characters such as $, %, etc...

We've passed that feedback along to Yahoo (they wrote the Yahoo apps).

Thanks,
Pony
There is a number in the id, but other than that no special characters. Incidentally, I appeciate the rapid response.

Jim

JimG19 said:
There is a number in the id, but other than that no special characters. Incidentally, I appeciate the rapid response.

Jim
And no special characters in the password?

I'd take a try at changing your password online, and then using the new password with the Yahoo app on the DVR.

That might do it. Let us know! :)

Thanks,
Pony

TiVoPony said:
And no special characters in the password?

I'd take a try at changing your password online, and then using the new password with the Yahoo app on the DVR.

That might do it. Let us know! :)

Thanks,
Pony
I had no special characters in my original password, however I changed my password as you suggested and now everything works great. Thanks so much for your help.

Jim

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.