TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update loaded last night so now "Music, Photos & More" shows Yahoo! and other apps. Problem is that Yahoo! and Browse & Buy apps show the "please wait..." screen very briefly then immediately error out with "An error occured while running the application. Could not open url." message. Other apps seem to work OK.

This is not a LAN or firewall problem. I've checked and rechecked both, did another network connection and a restart. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, no one else is having this problem. Lots of fiddling with firewall settings and restarting my TiVo are causing me to believe that the problem is either with the Yahoo! and Fandango server,s or that the IP address apparently hardcoded into the software is wrong or corrupted, or that the TiVo attempted the connection a couple of times and then decided to not bother to try again - and that a restart doesn't change its mind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got 7.2.1. The applications are in the "Music, Photos & More" menu. Apparently, the 7.2.1 software includes the applications but they're not visible until TiVo enables them for you, probably during a normal broadband network connection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The Yahoo!, Fandango, Live365 and other TiVo-installed apps appear on the menu whether or not HME apps are enabled. Also, the "could not open url" error message is clearly different than other network error messages. For instance, if my TiVo cannot access my home LAN (as when I physically disconnect it from the LAN) neither the HME apps nor any TiVo-installed apps even appear on the menu. If it is connected and has a temporary problem accessing one of the apps that does work (Live365, etc) there is a quite different error message (starting, I think, with an "X") displayed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Private message sent. After sending it, I thought of one last issue which may have some bearing: I had been playing with Galleon for a couple of days before activation of similar apps in TiVo software. All Galleon apps worked fine. After activation of TiVo apps for a few hours both Galleon and TiVo apps were visible on menu. Galleon no longer installed on PC and apps no longer on menu.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Fixed! Don't know what caused the problem, but after receiving a note from TiVoPony, I did a connection and a restart. Note that it was a very short connection and a long restart, but all apps work fine now. Plus CNET which had been kaput is downloading at this very moment. Thanks, Bob!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.