TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
I assume you would want something to transfer Tivo recordings to your Home PC, then maybe burn DVD's etc.

An Athlon XP 2.0 would be fine, 1 GB Ram min (I would go for 2) a 500GB HD would be ideal. The ethernet I would get a 10/100/1000 Card. The Tivos work at 10/100 so 100 would be your fastest speed. 10 would be too slow.

Also, Tivo can be wired or wireless. A wired connection is alot faster than wireless and easier to set up.

As for the Tivo, get a Sereis 2 DT. It has the ethernet built in. A Series 2 ST needs an adapter to work.

· Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
What unit is the Tivo? If its an older Series 1 Tivo has a deal at the moment where he can get a Newer Series 2 DT and transfer his lifetime to that.

But, I would look into just upgrading the HD to a much larger model. You can do it yourself, or send the unit to Weaknees. Yes they do offer Warranties:

WeaKnees.com. We specialize in TiVo DVRs and TiVo upgrade products

More info:

ADD To Your Existing Storage

Add 720 Hours* - Single 500gb Drive

$299 - Eligible for Free Ground Shipping

Lifetime or monthly subscription, and programming and settings all remain intact.

Deluxe Upgrade Service
We copy your settings and programming to the new drive. - you lose nothing! Your capacity will simply increase!

$79

So for $378 the Tivo is increased from what it currently is to an extra 500GB, the same as your Tivo Computer Server. Your Lifetime is untouched, all programming and settings are untouched. Yes you will be without the Tivo for a few Days or so, but well worth it. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.