TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Microsoft just announced at its E3 keynote (I'm watching it live on Tech TV) that by the end of this year they will be selling/renting HD movies & TV shows in Canada and Europe through the XBox 360.

Holly Hallelujiah!

One of the majors finally steps up to support us Canadians eh?

Will TiVo and Amazon match?

...Dale
 

· Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Dajad said:
Microsoft just announced at its E3 keynote (I'm watching it live on Tech TV) that by the end of this year they will be selling/renting HD movies & TV shows in Canada and Europe through the XBox 360.

Holly Hallelujiah!

One of the majors finally steps up to support us Canadians eh?

Will TiVo and Amazon match?

...Dale
From what i have heard bell & rogers are working on there own download system.To add it is expected they will ask the crtc to bloack any other service tivo etc.
 

· Astute User
Joined
·
11,392 Posts
Since TiVo is a secondary market to TiVo, they won't really press for it, except to keep one particular user from Toronto quiet.

Now, not to say Amazon won't expand their Unbox service to Canada, or Amazon.ca will start their own Unbox service (if they do though, they'll likely not include TiVo support).

It really boils down to how and whom garnered Canadian Xbox360 rights, and where the service is coming from perhaps.
 

· Beware of Conky!
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
Heck, I'm still waiting for one of the Canadian majors to finally step up to support us Americans.

I'd pay an arm and a leg to be able to subscribe to Space or Showcase.

Where's my Trailer Park Boys and Corner Gas, eh? I mean, come on! I do live in the southern most province!
:eek:

the picture quality of Space in comparison to what I see from SciFi just makes me ill!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
jmoak said:
Heck, I'm still waiting for one of the Canadian majors to finally step up to support us Americans.

I'd pay an arm and a leg to be able to subscribe to Space or Showcase.

Where's my Trailer Park Boys and Corner Gas, eh? I mean, come on! I do live in the southern most province!
:eek:

the picture quality of Space in comparison to what I see from SciFi just makes me ill!
Corner gas and the trailer park boys have been sold to american companys.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
reidjr said:
From what i have heard bell & rogers are working on there own download system.To add it is expected they will ask the crtc to bloack any other service tivo etc.
On what basis can they block anything. This is not broadcast content. The CRTC doesn't apply. This is an electronic equivalent of the corner Blockbuster or Rogers video store. Given that Microsoft is already set to do this, it implies to me there is no legal or regulatory roadblocks - only license rights issues.

If you know of any regulatory impediment or have links to anything online supporting the prospect that Rogers and Bell are seeking some form of blocking action from the CRTC I'd really love to see it.

...Dale
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top