TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Now in Color!
2,378 Posts
Pstang said:
You guys must think I'm some sort of the normal clueless tool you're accustomed to.......... Wrong............ I've been a network administrator for 10yrs and maintain some of the biggest sites most of you have visited, so don't go there....

A. I've been to Best Buy, I've been to Circuit City, i've been to CompUSA, I've been to Staples, I've been to Office max.... Now, the fact is, NONE of these places have these "discontinued required adapters" The network adapters tivo lists that are compatible with my tivo are discontinued. You can't find them in the normal places........... I've tried the 802, it doesn't work! I've tried 5 others, they don't work!

Lazy ass? pfffft whatever......

And yes, client, customer, same thing.....

Either way, Tivo f***ed up, I ordered the thing they say will work, had it overnighted and it's STILL NOT HERE!!!!!!!! Explain that pls?

The 802 only works with software rev 7? i believe? I have 5.x... so no, it doesn't work...

This Tivo is at my Condo at the lake, where we only use cell service, so no phone line, don't want one, don't need one.

There's absolutely no reason or excuse in the world that they haven't sent a freakin network adapter that I've paid for by now. I could care less about cost, etc, I just want the thing to work and get what i paid for. This is BS!

Next?!?!?!?
I dont know how you expect yourslef to come trotting in here like you own the place and demand for help. That's not the way it works, at least not here. The Help Forum is a place for customers of TiVo to ask NICELY for help, and if you have looked at other threads, its a common trend. Oh and, may I add, if your such a hot-shot in networking, you should be able to fix this yourself.

Just a side note here.

Either way, Tivo f***ed up, I ordered the thing they say will work, had it overnighted and it's STILL NOT HERE!!!!!!!! Explain that pls?
Unless you have invented a Startreck way of 'beaming' things to people, I suggest you keep your mouth shut. Half the things I order come in late. Deal with it, its not new.

·
Now in Color!
2,378 Posts
beejay said:
As an experienced network administrator, you probably know the reaction you get to a complaint has a lot to do with how you present the complaint.

Or maybe you have enough people yelling at you that you just like to turn the tables sometimes?
I second that! AMEN!

·
Now in Color!
2,378 Posts
Pstang said:
I expect nothing from anyone here, didn't come here asking for help. I merely made the statement, mainly a vent that these tools at Tivo can't even get a network adapter out the door after a week or more of waiting... or can't tell me where the order I placed is or when it may show up at my door...........................

I can't control the software Tivo uses in their equipment.

I can't control the adapters that they claim will work, nor can i find one outside of Tivo direct.

So, here I am at their mercy waiting for them to get off their @ss to send me a network adapter which i ordered and paid for. Overnight shipping? I've probably ordered about 5000+ various items from a number of vendors over the years and with the exception of maybe 5-10, I've never, ever had a problem with receiving an item in the timeframe requested, most of the time, i get things overnighted or 2nd day( less damage that way witht he monkeys at UPS or FedEx) Never has it been a problem. The issue here is simple, I ordered it, paid for it, they processed it, said it was shipped the 30th and it's still not here......... When I called about it, requesting a simple tracking number, they say we don't have that... WTF is that all about? what kind of company can't give you a tracking number on an order that was processed and shipped? I've bought 100 things on eBay this year and when requested a tracking number, I had it, no prob, simple stuff, aye...

Give me a break guys, i never once insulted one of you, unless of course you've insulted me first...

next???????????????
Next time you decide to vent, vent that first. Let people know before you go on ranting.

And since you cant control certain aspects of TiVo, make a POLITE suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.