TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
What version are recent TiVos shipping with? I did a guided setup recently on an upgraded unit with 7.2 installed, and it was a breeze. I really like the changes they've made to GS. I have wired ethernet adapters, but it found them right away.

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
I keep a spare Hawking wired adapter (you can find them for around $10) and a long ethernet cable for when I'm helping a friend set one up. The Hawking (wired) I've tried all worked with the ",#401" trick.

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
pbruno74 said:
I ordered a unit direct from TiVo about 2 weeks ago. SN starts w/ 540. Came with 7.2.1. I've been trying to get it setup with a wireless adapter, the Netgear WG111 w/ sn 130 is the latest one, though I've tried others, and am consistently getting the N08 issue which has been discussed on the Tivo com forums but not so much here. Sounds like it's an issue with the latest software upgrade. The adapter itself is picking up the network fine, as confirmed by the router which shows it finds an IP address on connection. But the guided setup bombs out saying the adapter isn't supported (error N08). Pretty frustrating, especially as I don't have a land line. Guess I'll try a wired adapter if I can find one and hope the software updates itself sometime in the near future.

I read in another post that Tivo's customer service has been inundated recently on this issue and is working on a fix, which sounds hazy at best. Wondering if anyone else has heard likewise.
It is disappointing that a new release like that does so poorly. Post here if you get it to work with wired or not.

I know for sure 7.2.1oth works from initial guided setup (after a clear & delete everything) with a wired Hawking adapter. Detecting the network right away and never even showing any dialup screens.

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
gtrogue said:
I spent two days going to two Best Buys, two Circuit City's, two CompUSA's, and a Microcenter trying to find a supported wired or wireless adapter and couldn't find a single one. I finally broke down and ordered the Tivo version.

The really sad thing is that I have two USB200M's that I used with two hacked Series 2 DirecTivo's in a PODS storage container. They mistakenly got packed up during a recent move and I haven't been able to get to the PODS storage facility to sift through my crap and find them.
Wouldn't searching and buying online be much easier?
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?h...rnet+adapter&lmode=online&scoring=p&groupby=n

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
gtrogue said:
Of course it would, I never said the adapters couldn't be found online. However, I was trying to get them working over a holiday weekend without having to wait on something to be shipped to me.
Figured something like that.

I have a spare Hawking or two lying around as a safety net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.