TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I'm even dealing with this anymore, what a freakin joke!!!!!!!! These people at Tivo are absolutely worthless, clueless and just a waste of resources!

Why?!?!?

Simple......... I've had this thing for 3 weeks, I've placed 2 orders for a network adapter, yeh, one of the one's that are no longer available and discontinued, so I'm basically at Tivo's mercy! The last order was placed on 11-28, I paid for overnight shipping, they say it takes 1-2 days to process, fine whatever. So they charge my card, and supposedly ship my NA on the 30th ( overnight)! So here it is Monday and these tools can't even give me a tracking number, WTF???? What kind of company is this? There are far too many other choices for a DVR these days, but I despise taking anything back to stores, it's a waste of my time and others.

WTF do I have to do to get a freakin network adapter that will work with a brand new POS, I mean equipment?!?!?!?!?

An extremely pissed off client, close to being a former client at this point!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys must think I'm some sort of the normal clueless tool you're accustomed to.......... Wrong............ I've been a network administrator for 10yrs and maintain some of the biggest sites most of you have visited, so don't go there....

A. I've been to Best Buy, I've been to Circuit City, i've been to CompUSA, I've been to Staples, I've been to Office max.... Now, the fact is, NONE of these places have these "discontinued required adapters" The network adapters tivo lists that are compatible with my tivo are discontinued. You can't find them in the normal places........... I've tried the 802, it doesn't work! I've tried 5 others, they don't work!

Lazy ass? pfffft whatever......

And yes, client, customer, same thing.....

Either way, Tivo f***ed up, I ordered the thing they say will work, had it overnighted and it's STILL NOT HERE!!!!!!!! Explain that pls?

The 802 only works with software rev 7? i believe? I have 5.x... so no, it doesn't work...

This Tivo is at my Condo at the lake, where we only use cell service, so no phone line, don't want one, don't need one.

There's absolutely no reason or excuse in the world that they haven't sent a freakin network adapter that I've paid for by now. I could care less about cost, etc, I just want the thing to work and get what i paid for. This is BS!

Next?!?!?!?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And before anyone goes there, the Tivo was initially setup at a friends with phone and cable, I just need to connect it to my network at this point...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DC, that's exactly what I've done, i went the simple route after trying a few adapters as i didn't realize a new series 2 ( aka latest and greatest ) would require a discontinued adapter to work. i don't have the time to take this thing across town, inconvenience my friends to accomplish this. I merely took the easy route, ordered the thing directly from Tivo and they can't so much as give me a tracking number?!?!?!? WTF? i ordered it for overnight delivery over a week ago and they can't tell me if and when I'll get it...

And the first 5 calls, I've been very nice and tried to get things resolved, now they're just pissing me off and they're liable to get this thing back in 300+ pieces, just from principle...

I'm totally aggravated and pissed and I think for good reason, for those of you who don't agree, well, sorry, put yourself in my shoes for a day...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nfuego said:
Wow...you'd think a 10 year network admin could get an adapter to work. I have 2 adapters...they both work. One isn't on the list at all.
Take a few seconds to read the previous posts.... hey, there's a concept, read before you post.............

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I expect nothing from anyone here, didn't come here asking for help. I merely made the statement, mainly a vent that these tools at Tivo can't even get a network adapter out the door after a week or more of waiting... or can't tell me where the order I placed is or when it may show up at my door...........................

I can't control the software Tivo uses in their equipment.

I can't control the adapters that they claim will work, nor can i find one outside of Tivo direct.

So, here I am at their mercy waiting for them to get off their @ss to send me a network adapter which i ordered and paid for. Overnight shipping? I've probably ordered about 5000+ various items from a number of vendors over the years and with the exception of maybe 5-10, I've never, ever had a problem with receiving an item in the timeframe requested, most of the time, i get things overnighted or 2nd day( less damage that way witht he monkeys at UPS or FedEx) Never has it been a problem. The issue here is simple, I ordered it, paid for it, they processed it, said it was shipped the 30th and it's still not here......... When I called about it, requesting a simple tracking number, they say we don't have that... WTF is that all about? what kind of company can't give you a tracking number on an order that was processed and shipped? I've bought 100 things on eBay this year and when requested a tracking number, I had it, no prob, simple stuff, aye...

Give me a break guys, i never once insulted one of you, unless of course you've insulted me first...

next???????????????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
dgh said:
Then your choice of venue wasn't quite right:

Perhaps, but didn't want to clutter another forum, figured this would be the place most fitting. Perhaps others have gone through the same thing, and maybe someone knew a way through the seemingly useless CS at Tivo. ?

We do actually try to help most people here.
I'm sure you do, no doubt. Maybe I came across a little abrasive to others and for that I apologize, but I've been dealing with this for over 3 weeks, only since last week directly with Tivo and their "order center" Prior to that, i've tried numerous adapters to no avail. Wasted a lot of time and figured I'd bite and go straight to the source and here I am still with no Tivo... And the folks who took my order don't have a clue about it, even with all the pertinent info.

So basically that's it in a nutshell. Hence the frustration!

Peace!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
DcTiVo1 said:
Are you just looking for banter....attention? So you don't want to get your Tivo going huh....just trolling around. Send the Tivo it back ! Buy a new Xbox I think they have a forum too.
No, not at all DC... You had it right the first time... I certainly don't have time to troll around... and I've been on the Xbox forums for numerous years, certainly not a troll...

I do want to get this thing going, if I didn't, I wouldn't put myself through the aggravation...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanx Jerry! PM on the way. Not sure how much of the info i have here as I'm not at the other office, and everyone's gone from the lake already, but I'll see what i can dig up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Jerry,

I appreciate the legwork, your efforts and info here. BUT, I know, always a but... ;)

I've called twice today and have been conversing with "Adam" at corporate and nobody has relayed this info to me, until now.

I'm not limited to a wired adapter, I've even gone so far as to replace my firewall and router to accomdate this Tivo at the lake.

Either way, I just want it rectified and working, whatever it takes at this point.

Thanx again Jerry!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
HotStuff2 said:
I'm gonna go a little off-topic here. First, when I got my TiVo originally, I was unhappy with it. 802.11g was't supported, and doing setup required a phone (and I only have a cel phone.) I initially complained a lot, and people flamed me. I understand the frustration the OP has. But secondly, I was able to get it done, and get it to go wireless using 802.11b - because I know how to figure things out. When the 7.2 software came out, I took it to 802.11g with no worries, using an adapter that is "on the list:" but not supported.

As he is a "10 year network admin", one would think he could figure out a way "outside the box" to get it accomplished. Tat isn't the case, apparently. :rolleyes: I too work in IT - security is my main focus, but I do a lot more. I see lots of people say "I've been in IT/networks/etc. for X years, I know what I'm doing". WRONG. Just because you've been doing it for X years (be it 5, 10, 25 whatever) doesn't mean you know what you're doing. It just means you've had a job that long. :cool: And after working for "10 years", one would think you'd learn how to actually figure things out, or how to seek assistance. Again, apparently not.

Regardless, TiVoJerry appears to have the situation under control. The OP will be getting an adapter that he can plug in and get working with little or no effor on his part (other than complaining) and that will be that.
I'm not even gonna reply cept with... I can't force a piece of hardware to accept a device that's not supported nor have a way to install drivers... nuf said... and it's not just a job i've had, trust me...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I think the whole thing was just a sever case of mis-communication actually. I got tired of trying this and that and finally just ordered one direct, wired or wireless, makes no difference to me, but the fact was they didn't have the adapters I can use in stock and "nobody" relayed that to me, had they did, this post wouldn't even exist. Maybe one asking where I can find an adapter for vs5.x but that'd be the extent of it.

Only after Jerry tracked it all down did I find this out... Oh well, I guess I'll get one next week sometime for the lake. I did buy another Tivo for home last night for DirectTV HD and set it up, no prob, everything's working as it should, wireless and all is good!

And for you St Louis guys, I live right across the river and the lake house I speak of is at the mighty Lake O, home of Party Cove!.... ;)

Peace all!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well, my secretary at the lake informed last night that I have a network adapter waiting for me down there, so hopefully, we'll get this done this weekend! :)

Thanx again to all of you, positive and negative, especially Jerry for the added legwork!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
haretrigger said:
Dude, no offense but you need to calm down. I work in telcom and deal with arrogant people like you everyday. If your not happy with TiVo then just fire them. Yes, there are alternatives to TiVo out there but none are as good as TiVo is in regards to the service they offer. Personally I have not had a problem with their support team. TiVo has always been quite helpfull with any issues I called them with. So stop your complaining and either find the NA that is right for you or just get rid of the service. I'm sure that the people on this forum would appreciate it much.

Welcome to the next level.
You're a tad bit late with all that... And no, I'm not arrogant, and no I'm not firing Tivo, they screwed up, admitted it, I've since got my NA ( haven't tried it yet, but will tonight ) My post and rant, etc came only weeks after starting this entire fiasco, so it wasn't a day, like you may think.

I think if you go back and read the entire thread, each and every post made by myself and others, you'll probably see why I was so pissed and got on the defensive side, who wouldn't?

Either way, hopefully I'll get to the lake tonight and all will be fine and dandy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.