TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello there,
I am also new and have had good luck setting up the wireless network. First of all you may need to take it back to your friends and force the call to upgrade to 7.2
Call Tivo first and ask that you be put on the priority list to get the software and then force the dial up connection until the unit downloads the software and it reads "system update ".
As far as a compatible adapter I went the simple route and just ordered the adapter that they sold on the Tivo site. When you get yours it will be no problem finding a IP address and wham! connected. Good luck Just think once it is up and running you will not have to do it again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the problem is that He still has 5.2xxx on his Tivo. I had the same situation before I had to go back to friends house and update the software before I could hook up the Wireless setup work. NOW...I am new here also and think we can be a bit kinder to each other ...We know that sometimes we are frustrated and we asking for help and some how it comes out in our posts as....well not as we have intended.....Lets help not inflame the situation. YOU HAVE TO UPDATE BEFORE THE ADAPTOR WILL WORK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you just looking for banter....attention? So you don't want to get your Tivo going huh....just trolling around. Send the Tivo it back ! Buy a new Xbox I think they have a forum too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.