TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Best Buy, CompUSA, and Circuit City all sell the Netgear 802.11g wireless USB adapter that works fine with Series2. IIRC Best Buy has them on sale this week.

So, to answer your question: get off your lazy @$$ and go to the store. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm gonna go a little off-topic here. First, when I got my TiVo originally, I was unhappy with it. 802.11g was't supported, and doing setup required a phone (and I only have a cel phone.) I initially complained a lot, and people flamed me. I understand the frustration the OP has. But secondly, I was able to get it done, and get it to go wireless using 802.11b - because I know how to figure things out. When the 7.2 software came out, I took it to 802.11g with no worries, using an adapter that is "on the list:" but not supported.

As he is a "10 year network admin", one would think he could figure out a way "outside the box" to get it accomplished. Tat isn't the case, apparently. :rolleyes: I too work in IT - security is my main focus, but I do a lot more. I see lots of people say "I've been in IT/networks/etc. for X years, I know what I'm doing". WRONG. Just because you've been doing it for X years (be it 5, 10, 25 whatever) doesn't mean you know what you're doing. It just means you've had a job that long. :cool: And after working for "10 years", one would think you'd learn how to actually figure things out, or how to seek assistance. Again, apparently not.

Regardless, TiVoJerry appears to have the situation under control. The OP will be getting an adapter that he can plug in and get working with little or no effor on his part (other than complaining) and that will be that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.