TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love the HR10-250!! Some people have complained about OTA reception with it, but I live a fair distance and some hills away from the transmitters (no line of sight) and am able to get all of my local digital stations perfectly with my old outdoor antenna and it's old RadioShack on-antenna pre-amp. No problems, no complaints. And I _LOVE_ the TiVo interface of the HR10-250.

·
Again with shoelaces
3,273 Posts
NatasNJ said:
I did check that site. Looks like yellow for all stations except NBC where it was green. Which = a mid rnage antenna. Not sure what that means.

So if I call up D* and order an HDTV and they include an OTA will they make sure it is a properly rated one for my needs?
Thanks for the laugh.:) DTV will just send the installer with their piece of crap antenna which equals suck. Go to Sears and get a Zenith Silver Sensor and put it on top of your TV. If you're within 13 miles I would be surprised if it didn't work just fine.

Count on DTV to make sure it's properly rated.....you're killing me. :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Johnny Kranthos said:
Thanks A J,

Should I pick up that Terk BMS-58 or is there a switch that would be better for when the 5 LNB comes into play in the near future for HD locals and such?
The Terk would work fine, but if you check out Solid Signals' multiswitch section you will find several other brands that are less expensive and will also do the job.

As for the 5 LNB compatible multiswitch, check out the link below. I am concerned that it says the Zinwell WB68 is "• To be used with AT9 Ku/Ka DIRECTV satellite dish". I don't know if the switch is compatible with Phase III dishes. In any case, D* will be swapping out dishes and receivers when MPEG-4 is implemented in a given area.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?CAT=Multiswitches&PROD=WB68

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.