TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Again with shoelaces
3,273 Posts
Hi Johnny,

The key and critical question you need to answer for yourself is "Can I get my local channels in HD OTA?" If the answer to that is yes, then I would say you should do it. The unit isn't perfect, but it's super nice for sure. It's also hackable in many ways right now to customize some features and add storage. if you can get your locals OTA, you may not have a desire for MPEG4 for a long while.

Also, if the new HD DVR is buggy or just not comfortable for the large base of TiVo fanboys, you may enjoy a high resale value if supply of them becomes scarce.

Go to www.antennaweb.org to learn more about your OTA locals.

·
Again with shoelaces
3,273 Posts
In order to get the spiffs from DTV, you will have to buy it from them and agree to a 2 year commitment. When I did, I ended up getting it for less than free after all of the credits and rebates.

Good luck and enjoy!!

·
Again with shoelaces
3,273 Posts
NatasNJ said:
I did check that site. Looks like yellow for all stations except NBC where it was green. Which = a mid rnage antenna. Not sure what that means.

So if I call up D* and order an HDTV and they include an OTA will they make sure it is a properly rated one for my needs?
Thanks for the laugh.:) DTV will just send the installer with their piece of crap antenna which equals suck. Go to Sears and get a Zenith Silver Sensor and put it on top of your TV. If you're within 13 miles I would be surprised if it didn't work just fine.

Count on DTV to make sure it's properly rated.....you're killing me. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.