TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new HD RPTV. I was all set to try and work a deal with retention to get a deal on a HR10-250. I currently have 2 SD hughes units running. But now with this new information on the leasing program that begins on March 1st I'm wondering if its something I should still do. I'm reading where alot of people seem to be dissapointed with D* and are actually considering going to cable. If so I'm guessing I dont want to get myself hooked into any 2 year commitments to be able to get this HD DVR.

Thanks for any and all advice, I was so excited to finally get this setup running here soon, but now I'm not sure which direction to head in.

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to Antenna Web it seems I should be able to pick up all my locals pretty easily. I live in Henderson, NV which is a couple streets out of the Las Vegas Area and several stations are actually very close to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Billy66 and newsposter!

ok you guys got me excited about getting this hd dvr again. I notice a couple online vendors selling it for about 100 less than most. But to get that 200 instant credit some our getting from retention do you have to buy from D*? I'm hoping some how they increase the credit if you go out and buy it on your own. Thanks alot for the help guys! Greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great Info! Thanks All

Hey since the HD DVR will be the 3rd unit in the home I'm thinking I will need a multiswitch. Does D* give you that or is that something I need to pick up on my own? I was thinking of the Terk BMS-58, what do you think of that switch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I think I will max out with 3 tuners as its only the wife and I and with the 3rd HD unit its probably overkill. But I will have one in the bedroom one in the TV room and the other one in the computer room hooked up to a video capture card. So if I dont need a switch for 3, what is the best way to split off of these 4 lines coming off the triple LNB dish? If I use a splitter wont it degrade my signal to those units supplied from that split? Thanks again for the help guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey A J, thanks for the responses...

The two dvr's i currently have are both Hughes SD-DVR40's which I modified with 120 gig hard drives. 2 tuners enabled on each. So since I will need 6 lines to supply these 3 machines (my current 2 and the upcoming HR10-250) what do you think will be the best way to get them to the units?

Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.