TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have had random V58 problems in the past but those usually resolve with a reboot. This morning we woke up to no channels at all working with trying to fix it we are seeing v58 and now V52 errors. The cable is working on all other TV in the house. This TIVO was working fine last night. Wondering if some sort of update messed it up?

Can anyone help with some fix suggestions. I know charter will be clueless. When we originally set it up they told us no one uses cards anymore and the tech knew nothing about TIVO. I suspect this is part of charter trying to get us to pay for their dvr. Their tactic are working because if we can't get this working I will never buy a TIVO again.

Bringing a cable box in from another room and removing the TiVo we get the channels on the tv. We know this is a TiVo problem.

Thank you

· Registered
8,431 Posts
We have had random V58 problems in the past but those usually resolve with a reboot. This morning we woke up to no channels at all working with trying to fix it we are seeing v58 and now V52 errors. The cable is working on all other TV in the house. This TIVO was working fine last night. Wondering if some sort of update messed it up?

Can anyone help with some fix suggestions. I know charter will be clueless. When we originally set it up they told us no one uses cards anymore and the tech knew nothing about TIVO. I suspect this is part of charter trying to get us to pay for their dvr. Their tactic are working because if we can't get this working I will never buy a TIVO again.

Bringing a cable box in from another room and removing the TiVo we get the channels on the tv. We know this is a TiVo problem.

Thank you
Your cable card probably needs to be refreshed. This happened to me a few weeks ago when I lost all channels. The easiest way to get it refreshed is to use the Charter site. If you hunt around you can find a page where you simply hit a button and it will send a hit or refresh to your card and tuning adapter. Or you can call Charter and have them send a hit. I highly recommend using the site rather than a hit or miss discussion with customer service.

https://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=3274

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, we did nothing to it and it started working fine again. This really makes me wonder if some sort of update happened from TIVO that messed it up and then they fixed it. This has happened so many times with the V58 error in the past. I thought maybe the v52 was something else but its not. I bet its software updates that mess it up.

· Registered
8,431 Posts
Nope, we did nothing to it and it started working fine again. This really makes me wonder if some sort of update happened from TIVO that messed it up and then they fixed it. This has happened so many times with the V58 error in the past. I thought maybe the v52 was something else but its not. I bet its software updates that mess it up.
More likely a problem at the head end of Charter that was fixed.

· Registered
18 Posts
I too had some V52 issues on my Roamio box. All channels (Comcast) worked fine except for a couple (e.g. 710 and 711) which resulted in either badly pixilated signals or, more likely, the error message "Searching for this channel signal (V52)" and no picture at all on those few channels.

Since those channels came in fine on my other non-Tivo Comcast boxes, it was clearly a TIVO issue. I was able to cold boot the Roamio box (cut power, wait a while, then re-power) to fix it a couple of times. But then that that "fix" wasn't working.

So I went to this TIVO Forum and searched for V52 to get to this thread.

I followed the advice to get my Cable Card reset. The Comcast site didn't have an online way to reset the card so the dreaded call to Comcast support was needed. Aside from having to convince the technician that there was not actual card (it's built into the Roamio box) and then her having to figure out how to get the internal card number (which was done via the TIVO remote) all went well. She reset the card and problem solved.

Hopefully it won't degrade again. We'll see.

FYI, To find info on the built in cable card here's the steps to reveal info they needed to reset the card:
TIVO Setting & Messages > Acct. & System Info > Cable Card Decoder > Cable Card Menu > Cable Card Pairing

Thanks TIVO Forum.

· Registered
16,635 Posts
I too had some V52 issues on my Roamio box. All channels (Comcast) worked fine except for a couple (e.g. 710 and 711) which resulted in either badly pixilated signals or, more likely, the error message "Searching for this channel signal (V52)" and no picture at all on those few channels.

Since those channels came in fine on my other non-Tivo Comcast boxes, it was clearly a TIVO issue. I was able to cold boot the Roamio box (cut power, wait a while, then re-power) to fix it a couple of times. But then that that "fix" wasn't working.

So I went to this TIVO Forum and searched for V52 to get to this thread.

I followed the advice to get my Cable Card reset. The Comcast site didn't have an online way to reset the card so the dreaded call to Comcast support was needed. Aside from having to convince the technician that there was not actual card (it's built into the Roamio box) and then her having to figure out how to get the internal card number (which was done via the TIVO remote) all went well. She reset the card and problem solved.

Hopefully it won't degrade again. We'll see.

FYI, To find info on the built in cable card here's the steps to reveal info they needed to reset the card:
TIVO Setting & Messages > Acct. & System Info > Cable Card Decoder > Cable Card Menu > Cable Card Pairing

Thanks TIVO Forum.
Is this Roamio leased from the cable company?

Otherwise, how would TiVo know which brand card to build in to the box, since you need the right one for whatever brand equipment is being used at the cable company head end that serves your house?

· Registered
18 Posts
Is this Roamio leased from the cable company?

Otherwise, how would TiVo know which brand card to build in to the box, since you need the right one for whatever brand equipment is being used at the cable company head end that serves your house?
Nope. I bought the Roamio unit outright from somewhere (not Comcast). All I know is that there's no card slot and Comcast tech was able to tell me how (noted below) to get the "card" info so they could refresh it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.