product(s):
1 TiVo R54080 Series2 80 Hour Digital Video Recorder
1 $170 Tivo Rebate with One year Service Contract​

Wha-wha-whaaaa?! :eek:

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
IJustLikeTivo said:
So isn't this -40 bucks for that same package? $129 - 170 = -41 if you get a one year service contract.
I don't think the one on Woot is a dual tuner model. The best price I've seen for a dual tuner model is $99 with a service contract (or $249 with a $150 rebate on the Tivo site = same thing.) But maybe Choccy has seen a special deal somewhere where it comes out free.

That said, everybody and their brother on the internet is selling this particular box, but most all of them are selling it for $170, so with the rebate it's a wash. The woot deal is much better.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
You can get a refurbished DT from tivo.com for $49.99. At least you could two months ago when I got one for my mom. It's worked perfectly.

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
DougF said:
You can get a refurbished DT from tivo.com for $49.99. At least you could two months ago when I got one for my mom. It's worked perfectly.
That's still $90 more than the single tuner, and it's new, not a refurb.

·
Registered
581 Posts
So, help me out here, folks. I already have a S2 TiVo that I'm paying 12.95 a month for. I signed up WAY back when they didn't have the service plans. How much is this going to cost me to buy this TiVo?

$129.99 + $5 ship = $134.99 - $170 rebate = $35.01.

Now, it says in order to qualify for the rebate, I need to sign up for a year contract, but what if I just simply want to add $6.95 a month to my bill since I've been a faithful user for almost four years now? Can't I do this and still qualify for the rebate?

·
Series 3
32,166 Posts
TiVo Series 2 80 Hour Digital Video Recorder with $170 Rebate
$129.99 + $5 shipping

condition:
New
product(s):
1 TiVo R54080 Series2 80 Hour Digital Video Recorder
1 $170 Tivo Rebate with One year Service Contract
Not a refurb

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
tewcewl said:
So, help me out here, folks. I already have a S2 TiVo that I'm paying 12.95 a month for. I signed up WAY back when they didn't have the service plans. How much is this going to cost me to buy this TiVo?

$129.99 + $5 ship = $134.99 - $170 rebate = $35.01.

Now, it says in order to qualify for the rebate, I need to sign up for a year contract, but what if I just simply want to add $6.95 a month to my bill since I've been a faithful user for almost four years now? Can't I do this and still qualify for the rebate?
You've got to sign a service contract to get the rebate. I don't see any reason why you couldn't get the contract for the new one, then get the $6.95 rate for your existing Tivo, but to be honest the new pricing plans baffle me. I'm glad I'm grandfathered in on the old system.

·
Registered
581 Posts
anom said:
You've got to sign a service contract to get the rebate. I don't see any reason why you couldn't get the contract for the new one, then get the $6.95 rate for your existing Tivo, but to be honest the new pricing plans baffle me. I'm glad I'm grandfathered in on the old system.
No kidding! This is why I asked before pulling any triggers.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,442 Posts
As far as I know, with most TiVo rebates, the discounted Multi TiVo rate still qualifies, as long as you sign up for the required period of time. However, as far as I know, the $6.95 rate only applies if you sign up for 3 years; a 1 year contract is $10.95 a month under the discounted multi-TiVo plan.

·
Registered
581 Posts
After snooping around online, isn't buying this and then applying the existing $150 rebate a better deal than Woot!'s? It's a $99 S2DT that's being sold on TiVo's website.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
I thought they couldn't sell single tuner S2's anymore because of some regulation that came into effect in marchish? Something about requiring a digital tuner if it has an analog tuner?

·
...I'm not.
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gai-jin said:
I thought they couldn't sell single tuner S2's anymore because of some regulation that came into effect in marchish? Something about requiring a digital tuner if it has an analog tuner?
I've seen Amazon selling stuff like this with just a disclaimer warning of the coming change. I think maybe the restriction is based on the manufacturing date, so they can still sell existing stock?

·
Number crunchin'
38,056 Posts
tewcewl said:
After snooping around online, isn't buying this and then applying the existing $150 rebate a better deal than Woot!'s? It's a $99 S2DT that's being sold on TiVo's website.
I think the $150 rebate is already included in that price. Because you're buying it directly from TiVo and committing to at least a year of service right off the bat, they give you the rebate instantly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts