TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I programmed my Tivo XL to record the Hi-def version of a show, but it is recording the regular definition version that is shown simultaneously. I can stop the recording and manually pick the hi def version, and it records fine.

This does not happen with all shows, only a few on Speed TV. Is this a known glitch, or am I programming incorrectly?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Ian

·
(unspecified)
1,319 Posts
Do you mean it records on a different channel than what you choose? (SD vs HD)

Is this a Season Pass recording or manual recording?

·
Alien Infidel
359 Posts
This was from a wish list search, where the HD channel was specified.
I understand that, but your download history and to do list will tell you what your XL has really done in the past and plans to do in the future. Knowing that basic info could help troubleshoot your system.

For example, it's possible that your wishlist isn't as exact as you expect. In my situation, I had to edit my channel list so that the SD sister channel to the HD channel I wanted to record from was not included, and the wish list dutifully obeyed that.

Also... I cannot specify a channel in my wish list set up (at least, I don't think I can), though I can specify "HD" as a parameter. How did you set a channel in your wish list?

·
Banned
341 Posts
I programmed my Tivo XL to record the Hi-def version of a show, but it is recording the regular definition version that is shown simultaneously. I can stop the recording and manually pick the hi def version, and it records fine.

This does not happen with all shows, only a few on Speed TV. Is this a known glitch, or am I programming incorrectly?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Ian
You need to go through your channel list. TiVo will not record channels that are not on the "You Receive" list. Dump the SD channels and your problems go away. This is a regular newbe issue.

TiVo Central>>Messages& Settings>>Settings>>Channels>>Channel List

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.