TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
From what I've read here, Tivo is already doing that for anyone that asks.

Tivo doesn't need to do what MS did, since a user won't have a repairs involved.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
TiVoDoughBoy said:
Really? Someone in another thread answered you directly that they asked and were denied, so that doesn't seem to be the case:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=5431675&&#post5431675
Someone before that poster was successful. Where do you think I got the idea?

I haven't tried myself, because
(a) I no longer see any macroblocking issues with b2
(b) I have confidence that Tivo will address the issue and have no need to extend the period. In the (highly unlikely) event that it is a hardware and not a software problem, I expect Tivo will take care of the early adopters.

If you are interested, call and ask. ;)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
TiVoDoughBoy said:
I understand, but I'm just saying that asking for an extension hasn't been successful for everyone and it shouldn't be something that a customer should hope to get lucky with the right CSR handling the request -- instead, it would be a positive move to have TiVo publicly state that they're extending the return window.
I don't necessarily disagree. But if and until that happens, the better solution is for the customer to make the request.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.