TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow-Tivo fans,

I recently bought the Tivo Expander external drive for my Tivo HD and it works nicely. However, I just noticed that I can now no longer download shows to my Mac (using Roxio's Tivo Transfer or iTivo). The Mac recognizes the Tivo on the home network, but no shows appear. When I check System Information on the Tivo, it indicates that "TivoToGo" is turned off (i,i,i, instead of a,a,a).

Does the Tivo Expander somehow disallow downloading of shows (for DRM reasons, etc.)? I've checked my account settings on tivo.com, and I have allowed downloading. I'm flummoxed. TIA for any help!

· Registered
463 Posts
Hi fellow-Tivo fans,

I recently bought the Tivo Expander external drive for my Tivo HD and it works nicely. However, I just noticed that I can now no longer download shows to my Mac (using Roxio's Tivo Transfer or iTivo). The Mac recognizes the Tivo on the home network, but no shows appear. When I check System Information on the Tivo, it indicates that "TivoToGo" is turned off (i,i,i, instead of a,a,a).

Does the Tivo Expander somehow disallow downloading of shows (for DRM reasons, etc.)? I've checked my account settings on tivo.com, and I have allowed downloading. I'm flummoxed. TIA for any help!
Try logging into Tivo.com and then disabling downloading. Save. Do a couple force net connects on the Tivo.

Then log into Tivo.com a second time and then enable downloading. Save. Then do a couple force net connects on the Tivo. Hopefully that will kick it to update to the right status.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try logging into Tivo.com and then disabling downloading. Save. Do a couple force net connects on the Tivo.

Then log into Tivo.com a second time and then enable downloading. Save. Then do a couple force net connects on the Tivo. Hopefully that will kick it to update to the right status.
Thanks for the suggestion - tried exactly as you said (and started the process with a restart because I strangely got a "126" error when at first trying to access "phone and network" settings). No change in the status: Still the "i,i,i" under TivoToGo in System Information and no sign of TV programs on the Mac software. Should I disconnect then connect the Expander at some point in the process?

· Premium Member
6,462 Posts
If it still shows "i,i,i" the DVR hasn't picked up the correct settings yet. Wait a few hours after making your changes online for their server farm to sync up, force a connection, and reboot the DVR once it finishes indexing the downloaded data. Once you see "a,a,a" you should be good to TiVoToGo.

I really doubt that it's the expander.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it still shows "i,i,i" the DVR hasn't picked up the correct settings yet. Wait a few hours after making your changes online for their server farm to sync up, force a connection, and reboot the DVR once it finishes indexing the downloaded data. Once you see "a,a,a" you should be good to TiVoToGo.

I really doubt that it's the expander.
Yup, that does the trick. Just needed to give it time for the Tivo servers to sync up.

Thanks, all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.