TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I do like the new Hydra, and find that most of it is intuitive, I got my first TiVo in 2000 and it's not my brain that operates it today, it's pure muscle memory. So, I'm sucking at some of the new stuff. (I did finally find that back button. I swear I never knew it was there.) I thought it would be good to have a thread of

Oldway, I did this:
Hydra, now do this:

Oldway, When I got near the end of a show, I could just hit the arrow button and it would give me a save or delete option.
Hydra, I finally figured out that I can 'skip' button to the end and get that save/delete choice. Is this the only way? Skip button to to the end?

Random Q: Is there some setting that I can toggle to make the words on the screen bigger?

·
Registered
101 Posts
While I do like the new Hydra, and find that most of it is intuitive, I got my first TiVo in 2000 and it's not my brain that operates it today, it's pure muscle memory. So, I'm sucking at some of the new stuff. (I did finally find that back button. I swear I never knew it was there.) I thought it would be good to have a thread of

Oldway, I did this:
Hydra, now do this:

Oldway, When I got near the end of a show, I could just hit the arrow button and it would give me a save or delete option.
Hydra, I finally figured out that I can 'skip' button to the end and get that save/delete choice. Is this the only way? Skip button to to the end?

Random Q: Is there some setting that I can toggle to make the words on the screen bigger?
Hydra -- that BACK button you found will give you the pop-up of the save/delete choice if you're near the end of the show (for those using remotes without a BACK button, try the ZOOM button).

There is currently no option to increase the font size. I also would like to have a larger font but many others (in other threads) appear to like having more info on the screen.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting... I tried the Back button - along with nearly every other button :) - and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't do it right. haha. I'll try again. Thanks! And thanks about the screen info. Sounds like it's time for a bigger tv.

·
Registered
13,163 Posts

Oldway, I did this:
Hydra, now do this:

The trick play and the delete pop up have not changed. You just can't left arrow out because that is not back anymore. Stop, TiVo, exit, and the or just going to the end bring up the delete option.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If back doesn't work, try Zoom or Exit (whichever your remote has). The various generations of TiVo remotes have different functionality under Hydra for the same buttons, so the generation of remote you are using will determine which button functions as Back and which at Exit. For example, if you use a Premiere/Mini 1st Gen remote on a Hydra box, the ZOOM button appears to be the equivalent of the BACK command.

If you aren't using an original TiVo remote that matches the generation of box you are using (i.e., if you are using a universal remote OR you are using a different generation remote than the TiVo box), see the thread I started in this forum... It's the same issue described above, but the generation of remote that you are using and/or was used to program your universal remote might matter, at least by name. My Zoom button was programmed off some old TiVo codeset and didn't function properly when I got my Bolt, so I needed to re-learn the Back button from my Bolt remote manually to my Harmony remote.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a VOX remote on the way. I suspect that will fix end of program issue, if it's not operator error.

The teensy font is a big fat sigh...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ha!! The back button now works just like everyone says it should. I rebooted and now I have my delete option at the end of the show. Whew. thanks.

·
UHD Addict
24,089 Posts
I love the smaller fonts. The fonts in the old UI were annoyingly large.
I'm confused? Didn't the old UI have smaller fonts while Hydra has bigger fonts? At least that is how it looks from all my TiVos on multiple TVs.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.