TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to HD and moved my Dtivo upstairs. Unfortunately only one wire is run to the bedroom. Dtv came out and installed the new 5 LNB dish and the inputs are run to my basement where there is a 8 way multiswitch that distributes the signal throughout the house. Can I split the wire in the bedroom to use both Tivo inputs. I didn't think so but thought I would ask.

One other thing, the DTV installer used a different 8 way multiswith in the basement for the install and I still have the 8 way switch he removed. Can I hook up the one wire coming into the bedroom to my old 8 way switch and then use two outputs on the switch to hook up to the Tivo.

Any other ideas that would not involve a new wire run to the upstairs bedroom would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You will need a to run another wire from the new multiswitch to the dvr.

Splitting the existing wire will not work. Adding your old switch to it will not work either.

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
The old switch will need four connections from the new switch in order to work. But, then it will only get the 101/110/119 sats.

This info doesn't help with your problem, but thought I'd throw that out for others that might ask.:)

As previous mentioned, you need to run a second line if you want dual tuners on the bedroom DVR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts