TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll second kb7sei here. I have (an old) WRT54G flashed with dd-wrt connected to my cable modem and handling wired PC duty, with both an Airport Express and a Buffalo WHR-G54 (also with dd-wrt; openWRT should also work) spread around the house. All are running in WDS/client bridged mode, and work just fine together, you just have to be unafraid of flashing a new system onto your router (it really isn't very difficult).

Depending on the specials, you can find a Buffalo cheaper than the TiVo adapter, and as a bonus you can stick it behind your TV and attach several wired devices to it simultaneously (like game consoles or the like) for simplicity's sake.

And Linksys slipped WDS into their firmware a while ago...I remember being unable to use WDS with my Airport Extreme when I first got it, then one day I updated my Linksys firmware and it just started working. Go figure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
PaulS said:
Development on HyperWRT/Thibor has essentially stalled. Tofu, one of the prime contributors to later versions of HyperWRT, has continued development in his "Tomato" firmware. It features a superior GUI, improved QOS and is very robust. I'd recommend it over HyperWRT/Thibor and DD-WRTv23 at this point in time.
How would you compare the Tomato feature set with DD-WRTv23? I'm not sure that the current grumbling about DD-WRT is going to play out, but in the even that it ends up going on the "bad list" like Sveasoft before it, I'd like to have another suggestion to offer people (or to move mine to).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.