TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can confirm the above. I actually had the Buffalo bridge mentioned in the thread and, while it worked for the normal network traffic - TiVo getting guide updates, Yahoo HME apps, etc. - it DID NOT work for the Java Apps, including the Blockbuster third-party app or for the HD-Photos app in desktop 2.4.

On advice of someone here at TCF, I got a Buffalo router (Circuit City periodically has rebate deals for ~$30) and used dd-wrt to turn it into a bridge that allows the Java apps to work properly.

I'll dig up that old thread in the HME section and post a link later with details if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
161 Posts
MickeS said:
Really... Hmmm... I'm getting one today. I will see how it works out. Why would it not work with those apps?
Here is the thread I started in the Home Media & TTG section titled: Buffalo Conveter = no HME apps?
I have no idea why, but it seems to be a common problem. Stu_Bee posted a link to another forum where folks were having similar issues. He also avised using the router and dd-wrt.

I was perfectly happy with the bridge for a while because I wasn't using any of the Java Apps. It was only when I tried to use the Blockbuster Rental app and HD Photos app that I realized there was an issue. It also NOT the S3. I have an S2 connected via a Linksys USB200M adapter and it had the same issues when on the bridge.

·
Registered
161 Posts
All the regular HME stuff works fine. It was just the Java enabled stuff that did not show up. If you do not need them, then the Buffalo bridge is fine.
I really wanted HD photos on my S3 and big DLP so had to do something else to get that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
MickeS said:
Just wanted to thank you again for that tip!

I just installed DD-WRT onto my WLI-TX4-G54HP bridge, and now music and photos in Galleon works perfectly again!
That's great to know! I am planning to put a TiVo upstairs and it's good to know I can reuse my old bridge that I gave up on instead of buying a new adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.