TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Linksys 10/100 Compact USB 2.0 Network Adapter to use with my Tivo. I found out for what ever reason that does not work. I don't live in a small town but all I have is a Staples, Radio Shack and Wal-Mart so I think I'm going to have to order something online. I was wondering what wired adapters work and the best and quickest place to buy it on-line.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27,265 Posts
The Netgear FA120 works beautifully for me.

The Linksys you bought is probably a version 2 model of the USB200M, which is not compatible with TiVo. If you can locate a version 1 model, that is compatible. This is how you can tell one from the other (from the TiVo website):

To distinguish between Ver. 1 and Ver. 2, look on the side of the carton beneath the Package Contents listing. Ver. 1 has an image of an orange and white CD-ROM. Ver. 2 has no image of a CD-ROM.On the label on the adapter itself, Ver. 1 shows no version number; Ver. 2 shows "Ver. 2".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.