TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching Willow on Disney+? My wife and i have been watching. I don't remember the original movie that well, but there is some good backstory explanation.

It is a little disconcerting that the characters speak in a modem way versus a "fantasy" English. Also the use of modern rock songs in the show.

Over all it is a good show and fun to watch.

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
13,623 Posts
Anyone watching Willow on Disney+? My wife and i have been watching. I don't remember the original movie that well, but there is some good backstory explanation.

It is a little disconcerting that the characters speak in a modem way versus a "fantasy" English. Also the use of modern rock songs in the show.

Over all it is a good show and fun to watch.
You have Disney+, just rewatch the movie as a refresher.

One thing I've noticed is that the movie was nice and bright, while the series is like every other modern series where everything is dark.

· Cat God
17,522 Posts
I rewatched the movie as a refresher and I forgot what passed for special effects back before CGI. They weren’t bad for the day what with the stop motion dragon and models, but the Brownies being composited was really noticeable. What a difference jumping into the series was.

I only watched the first 2 episodes but I’ve enjoyed it so far.

· Cat God
17,522 Posts
I’m all caught up and while I’m still enjoying it, the more modern aspects don’t really fit in the Willowverse.

I got used to pop songs playing over the credits, but then they are dancing to one? Also what’s with the outfits? One of the brownies was wearing a tee-shirt and one of the main characters looks to be wearing a jean jacket.

Other than that the story and effects are still good.

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
13,623 Posts
I’m all caught up and while I’m still enjoying it, the more modern aspects don’t really fit in the Willowverse.

I got used to pop songs playing over the credits, but then they are dancing to one? Also what’s with the outfits? One of the brownies was wearing a tee-shirt and one of the main characters looks to be wearing a jean jacket.

Other than that the story and effects are still good.
It's just the show's style. It sets the show apart from all the other fantasy shows. Brownies are stylin'.

I was thrilled they got Kevin Pollak back, but sad Rick Overton isn't involved. A HUGE deal was made over both of them when the film came out.

· Cat God
17,522 Posts

· Sci-Fi Junkie
36,363 Posts
Just finished the series. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It did get better from episode 4 forward. There was a lot of teenage angst.

· Registered
6,843 Posts
Because the ratings are aren’t just bad, they are the worst for any streaming show on any platform. The audience score is also bad.

That could be correct, but that website does seem to have a bit of bias. Fwiw, the producer seems to still be in the dark as to the success or failure of the show.

Edit: It also looks like Willow currently has an audience rating of 62% rather than the 27% that it was at the time of that article.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts