TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surplus Computers has a ViewSonic 802.11b airSync USB Wireless LAN Adapter for sale ... I have a Toshiba HD-400 Tivo unit.. Will this USB to 802.11b adapter work with this Tivo?

Also, if I only have Tivo Basic (no subscription, no lifetime service), will adding the network connection do me any good? Or are the networking features only enabled with a network connection AND a subscription?

thanks,
..dane

·
Forum Denizen
2,620 Posts
dane_walther said:
Surplus Computers has a ViewSonic 802.11b airSync USB Wireless LAN Adapter for sale ... I have a Toshiba HD-400 Tivo unit.. Will this USB to 802.11b adapter work with this Tivo?

Also, if I only have Tivo Basic (no subscription, no lifetime service), will adding the network connection do me any good? Or are the networking features only enabled with a network connection AND a subscription?

thanks,
..dane
see the TiVo Supported Adapters website. If it is not listed, it is not supported.

I believe it will only give you network support for downloading guide data only. For all other networking features you need the full subscription.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts