TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
newsposter said:
i reread this thread and didnt see an answer:

has anyone 'replaced' Hdtivo with a hr20 and then gotten a free new 5lnb dish when you call and say, i cant see the new channels? (i dont care about a 2 yr commitment).

Also, when they do 'verify' that your unit is bad and will send you a new one, do they turn off the 'broken' unit right away?
Yes, had one of my HR10 go bad, they mailed a HR20 in it's place, wife hooked it up while I was in San diego, I called D* and talked to them, explained the situation and they upgraded my dish to a 5 LNB and installed the correct multi-switch at no charge.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here is a question... If you "own" your HR10-250, and paid $999 for it like I did, when you contact DTV, and say your HR10-250 is "acting up" will the HR20 they send you be a "leased" or "owned" unit??

Then the next question is, do they "ship" it or does the "directv repair guy" drop it off at the door?

·
Very Large Member
645 Posts
While there may be some exceptions they ship it assuming the HR10 is obviously bad. If the phone rep thinks it may be a system related issue they will send out a tech under the PP. If you are on the protection plan according to their own rules, it is supposed to be owned. If it isn't when you get it call their "card department" and have it changed. It specifically states in their 'system "owned replaced by owned." However, why would you want to own it? Leasing makes more sense. Keeping the HR10 is what you really want, but as for the HR20 since they virtually give them away they would have no real value, plus being leased it is basically waranteed for life.
IOTP said:
Here is a question... If you "own" your HR10-250, and paid $999 for it like I did, when you contact DTV, and say your HR10-250 is "acting up" will the HR20 they send you be a "leased" or "owned" unit??

Then the next question is, do they "ship" it or does the "directv repair guy" drop it off at the door?

·
Registered
711 Posts
IOTP said:

1. the replaced ones where leased, I got to keep teh hr10's
2. they were drop shipped to me, had to call later to get a 5 lnb and switch installed at no cost

I do have the PP, no charge for shipping

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
incog-neato said:
Yes, just call back a few days later and (if you are a good customer) it will be free. In cases that I am aware they do turn it off but YMMV.
hmm how about i say it just reboots like every hour or so and that i need to keep it working up until the new one is installed because it is semi watchable

i just cant have the tivo turned off because of so much going on now

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.