TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
sjberra said:
You will get a hr20-100 or a hr20-700, after it is installed you can call and request a new dish. Make sure they do not increase your commitment when you activate the replacement HR20. Units replaced under the Protection Plan are not supposed to add to the commitment.
so will they give you a free dish and the necessary switch too? I wouldnt mind if my tivo 'broke' and they gave me a refurb hr20 for free in place of it as long as i got free dish install and m/s too.

the new dvr needs the new switch right?

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
great info..see i dont mind keeping the hdtivos hooked up to the old dish and setup i have now. If i can just add the dish and cables and not need a m/s that's great! I dont need ota on the hr20 because hdtivo takes care of that.

sounds like i just need a complete new setup box and dish. and heck i could spring for the 100 dollar dish if i get a free dvr. Would love no commitment but wont push it.

the 'owned' hr20....i believe what you say but...sorta dont if you know what i mean. I cant believe with all the crap they have about this leasing they would let you own this new thing. But cant hurt to try!

i guess i have to get on the protection plan asap

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
henryld said:
I'm in the same situation you are except 3LNB dish. Called D* on 8-18 and they scheduled a service call for tomorrow PM instead of sending a replacement unit. I will post the outcome.
please do, no way would i want them to come out and take my hdtivo. But i wouldnt mind if they gave me a free dish :)

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
I sure hope that's true. I would love just to have my new dvr hooked up to the new dish and have it be the only thing hooked up to the dish at this point, directly with 2 wires. No OTA is needed for me on the new unit since I have OTA on 2 HDtivos and if i ever need more than 4 tuners OTA, i will be in big trouble. I want to keep my existing 2HDtivo setup totally independent of the new setup. Though they will all be stacked (one heck of a stack)

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
bigpuma said:
You definately don't need an M/S if you have less than 4 tuners. You will of course need the new 5 LNB dish which has a built in M/S and 4 outputs. I have had my HR20 since October and have had it set up both with and without the M/S.
eggslent.....now if i could just successfully switch out under the protection plan..then say um, i dont get the new channels....and let them come out and do the free dish, i'd be set! Sinister plan i know but any chance of getting the dish free after the HR20 is here?

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
henryld said:
Like you, I was surprised as well but did not really care one way or the other, considering the condition of my unit.
now i'm having 2nd thoughts. maybe will just try to get a cheap one and hope they install even with no 119 LOS

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
i reread this thread and didnt see an answer:

has anyone 'replaced' Hdtivo with a hr20 and then gotten a free new 5lnb dish when you call and say, i cant see the new channels? (i dont care about a 2 yr commitment).

Also, when they do 'verify' that your unit is bad and will send you a new one, do they turn off the 'broken' unit right away?

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
incog-neato said:
Yes, just call back a few days later and (if you are a good customer) it will be free. In cases that I am aware they do turn it off but YMMV.
hmm how about i say it just reboots like every hour or so and that i need to keep it working up until the new one is installed because it is semi watchable

i just cant have the tivo turned off because of so much going on now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.